• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Greg Cicchetti aka ChicksCosmiComics AKA VW Clobberin Th

829 posts in this topic

104p7yq.jpg

Last Tuesday, Dr. Balls posted this message in Comics General.

Just got an email from a reporter at the Patriot Ledger about boardie Greg Cicchetti being killed in an automobile wreck. Greg's boardie name was ChicksCosmiComics or probably better known as VW Clobberin Thing. I worked with him on a few logo projects and some other things - he was a great guy, and as we were fellow Cosmic Marvel fans - I had a great time working on the logo for his Comic business. Sadly, he was here about a week ago - I'm sure there's some Boardies out there that will want to know what happened. Condolences to his family.

Greg was only 42 years old when he died.

We have since found out that Greg's widow Dorothy was left with “a ton of bills and no insurance”.

Our goal here, is to help Dorothy with the funeral expenses and help her sell her husband's books.

I didn't know Greg personally, but I did interact with him when he made a donation to a previous thread. From what I have been told by several boardies, he was a generous soul and that was pretty obvious. He won a civic award for helping others, he'd give generous freebies when someone made a purchase, or a shirt off his table when a boarder would stop by to chat. He was also compassionate, offering advice and openly listening to someone else share their problems.

Greg had a website and Dorothy has asked Junkdrawer (Chris) to sell his books. Chris will be posting them in this thread. I hope we find a lot of kind buyers.

In addition please post anything you wish to donate directly in this thread. Items should be comics, or comic related, but if you have something else you wish to donate or you are not sure, just PM me. 

Please ONLY post items that will have 100 % of the funds going to Greg's widow, sometimes we have very generous people offering partial donations.

If you have something that you wish to donate, but can only afford or wish to only donate a percentage, please list that item in a separate thread, not in this one. We will gladly add your contribution here, but it gets a little complicated when invoicing, so it’s just easier if it’s separate. If you wish to add something from another thread, please PM me or LarryW7 and we will post the link here.

For all donations, kindly specify if shipping is included. If it's not included out of your Country, please specify costs to other places, or that it's US or Canada or wherever, only.

All payments will go directly to Dorothy and will be paid by the buyer directly into her Paypal Account.

Regarding payment. We have spoken to Paypal about this sale. They suggested that buyers pay for books via regular Paypal, to avoid any chargeback issues. However they have said that if a buyer chooses to, Paypal personal will not cause any issues. Buyers should select whichever method they feel more comfortable with.

We have a new situation here, since Chris will be mailing Greg's books using Dorothy's PP acct. Please pay for those using regular PP, that way he will have the address and it will make life a lot easier for him. If you want to pay the fees, just add them, but please note that on the invoice.

Cash donations can be made using personal PP. Paypal has been advised of this thread and the PP address has been noted, so there should not be problems.

If you chose to pay for other items with personal PP, they have indicated it will not be a problem, but they suggest that it is better for the buyer to use regular PP.

I will send invoices to everyone who makes a purchase and I will give you Dorothy's PP in the invoice. Buyers, Please try to remember to list your board name with the payment, it's very important so that we can match the name and the payment to each item. We also keep 

a spreadsheet showing all the payments made.

Donors of items, please remember to mail the item promptly and to include tracking. We are going to ask for a tracking number for each item.

CKB, Comicartfan, Jaybuck43, Junkdrawer, Larry7W, Pedro1974.5 and I will all be taking care of the background stuff, so don't be surprised if you get an invoice from any of us.

We all have Dorothy's PP account info so you can pm any of us if you wish to make a cash donation.

Thank you all once again!

Sharon

Shipping for Gregs books ! (ALL THE BOOKS POSTED BY JUNKDRAWER BELONGED TO GREG)

Free in the US

actual cost minus $10 for international buyers. We will be declaring the full selling price, tracking and insurance on those books shipping abroad.

Junkdrawer will be posting some of Grags books starting around 10am, but meanwhile...Jsilverjanet (Hector) was kind enough to send two donations.

$100 US shipping on me, international will be at cost minus $10

all proceeds to Greg's Family

824%20007_zpsadgatxce.jpg

::news:: ::news:: ::news:: ::news:: ::news:: ::news::

SOLD!!!

May I present to you for the first time ever...

The Featured Item Bundle!

Very simple concept. I'm going to state a price for the bundle and the first item listed will be the "Featured Item". I will periodically add more to the bundle and the price will remain the same. This bundle will be shipped in a Medium Flat Rate Box. Shipping is included in the U.S. and maybe worldwide we'll have to see what the cost is as it's on my dime. All funds raised with this bundled package will go directly to Dorothy Cicchetti.

Alright, it goes without saying, Greg was an awesome guy and he told me a few times how he always found my sales thread at the very least a little entertaining so in that spirit let's get started and hopefully I can keep you guys eating more :popcorn: than you already are. God bless Greg and Dorothy and while I'm saddened by the loss of such a nice guy, I'm honored to have the opportunity to contribute to this effort.

Price $6,000 $5,900 $5,800 $5,500 $5,000

Featured Item-I give you The Incredible Hulk 181 Near Mint condition very improvable with a press and dry clean. This book has the Marvel Value Stamp AND the Mark Jeweler's Insert. Books with the Jeweler's Insert traditionally command a 15% premium over the ones without. The only defect I see not improvable with a press is in the upper right front cover, otherwise a very stunning book.

Hulk%20181%20Front_zpsr3nvrqul.jpg

Hulk%20181%20Back_zps9i4jpexb.jpg

And now's the time to do the first Add-ON

AntManFront_zpsba12gxhe.jpg

AntManBack_zps1ahwm6iv.jpg

And now Add-On Two Three & Four

Star%20Wars%201%20A_zpskxprh8cb.jpg

Star%20Wars%201%20B_zps7d315mo1.jpg

DD111_zpszln0cmhq.jpg

Add-On Number Five

Sinestro_zps0qjqz6ex.jpg

Add-On Number Six Because What's a Cosmic Thread Without a Cosmic Book!

Inhumans_zps3sjgpntt.jpg

These next ones are added because Greg seemed to really like these three books judging by the sales thread. First Cletus Kasady and First Carnage appearances.

Add-On Number Seven

asm345_zpsqmr5ag1v.jpg

Add-On Number Eight

asm361_zpsojdeftpi.jpg

Add-On Number Nine

asm362_zpswkkshb9r.jpg

Add-On Number Ten

asm363_zpsgy1vv6de.jpg

Add-On Number Eleven

asm252_zpss8uo5s35.jpg

Add-On Number Twelve

nm21_zpsrjgqtdkq.jpg

Add-On Number Thirteen

asm300_zpsfrlcor7a.jpg

Add-On Number Fourteen & Maybe The last one

sw107_zpszibvwsgv.jpg

Gambit #1(+ Bonus 2, 3) #1 has 4 spine lines, at least 3 break color, . Several tiny spine ticks on the #2 and two small dents on the 3. There is a movie coming out soon, I hope;) Bin $10 shipped in the US (flat rate envelope, well protected. Out of the US, contribute the shipping to Dorothy and I'll cover it.

gambit%201_0001.jpg

gambit%201_0002.jpg

gambit%202_0001.jpg

gambit%202_0002.jpg

gambit%203_0001.jpg

gambit%203_0002.jpg

Hi all, I'm here at Gregs house waiting for his wife, she is running late. She's actually out picking up Greg (his ashes). So he will be here with us today. I'm expecting to make my first post of books approx 10am. You can expect lots of slabs today, GA, SA, BA, and moderns as well. In some cases there are multiple copies of some. I plan to be here all day and into the early evening and likely take a break or 2 as needed.

Chris

SPAWN TRADES from 1993 #1 and #2, 1st Prints. #2 has wear on the back.

I probably bought them on a charity thread;) but let's keep them useful;)

The pair is $15 shipped Media mail boxed, in the US. Out of the US, they are kind of heavy, but pm me if you want them. Sold

spawn%20trades_0002.jpg

spawn%20trades_0001.jpg

The pair is $15 shipped Media mail boxed, in the US. Out of the US, they are kind of heavy, but pm me if you want them.

:takeit:

The pair is $15 shipped Media mail boxed, in the US. Out of the US, they are kind of heavy, but pm me if you want them.

Thanks, Chip, sold!

I bought this book from Greg himself a couple years ago...

$140 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in the USA; $150 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in Canada "SOLD" to HighStakesComics

Tales of Suspense #41, VG 4.0

couple chips/small tears on back cover edge; small strip of paper loss along front cover/spine just below the issue number (that white underneath is microchamber); moderate interior cover tanning halos

3rd appearance of Iron Man

th_tos41_f.jpgth_tos41_r.jpg

I'll also sneak into the package the same FN'ish copy of Iron Man #34 that Greg slipped in with this TOS as a freebie to me. :gossip: :

th_im34b_f.jpgth_im34b_r.jpg

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Greg's family.

My thanks to the organizers who have stepped up and who bring out the best in the community.

Two books for donation, priced individually, and global shipping is on me.

Fantastic Four 27 6.0 (nice gloss; mod spine wear; slight cb edge & corner wear; sm tape pull near Reed's ear; light foxing & sm stains fc) $50.00 SOLD

Worldwide Shipping Included on me

Tales to Astonish 93 6.5 (Bright & glossy; light spine, edge & crnr wear; cb crses btm-l edge fc; clean bc) $45.00 SOLD

Many thanks to Beaumonts and to Spideyfan68 for their generosity. :foryou:

Greg was 42...here's an issue #42...

$35 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in the USA; $45 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in Canada "SOLD" to jop

Real Life Comics #42, FN- 5.5

couple small edge stains back cover; diag. creasing ULBC; bit of rust on top staple with slight touch of migration at centerfold; tiny stain leading edge FC

Schomburg cover

th_reallife42_f.jpgth_reallife42_r.jpg

My thanks to the organizers who have stepped up and who bring out the best in the community.

Fantastic Four 27 6.0 (nice gloss; mod spine wear; slight cb edge & corner wear; sm tape pull near Reed's ear; light foxing & sm stains fc) $50.00 Donation

FF-27-fc_zpsfmoaft0k.jpg

FF-27-bc_zpsuoh2hnzu.jpg

[

Fantastic Four 27 6.0 (nice gloss; mod spine wear; slight cb edge & corner wear; sm tape pull near Reed's ear; light foxing & sm stains fc) $50.00 Donation

[

(thumbs u Many thanks indeed.