• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential collection...lets take a poll SAFE KEY IS IN

Whats in the collection?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Whats in the collection?

49 posts in this topic

This story has been played out here a thousand times but lets play.

So a coworker of mine whom I have worked with for 10 years comes up to me today and says "hey...you collect stuff right? You know anything about comic books?"

She is in her 50s. Story goes her sister is divorced for 3 years and her husband left behind a box of comics. Its a special box that holds comics and they are in plastic protectors she says (I assume a short/long box bagged books). The sister told him to get them, but he has not. There is also one special book that he kept in a safe. She has that one too.

Tomorrow i am supposed to get a picture of the book in the safe as well as the box coming to the office for me to check. I said i would let her know the value and if possible make an offer based on likely me wanting to flip it...so a fair offer for a flip.

What do you think is in the box and whats in the safe?

UPDATE ON PAGE 4

Whatever you do do not ask her if she brought the books every day. Let her do all the approaching.

Certain people get glee from dangling something in front of someone then watching them squirm.

Everyone knows how to look stuff up on ebay to see what something is worth.

The 'I don't know nothin and don't know how to figure it out either' is played out.

I am expecting very little since he supposedly has had multiple opportunities to get them. I will be surprised if they don't come in the next week as she apologized for not being able to bring them in 10 minutes after the conversation.

My guess is drek with a Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man 1 in the safe

Ill share the results as soon as i have them

Death of Superman, still polybagged! :wishluck:

That's not a special book? I keep mines tucked in-between the mattress and box spring for safe keeping.

the Half Price in Schaumburg has them under lock and key $25 each