• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Bruce Timm half-stat Batman Adventure pages go for what, now?!?

So did someone not read the description very closely before bidding?

I have seen a number of auctions where it seems the biders didn't read the description. They were just original art star struck.

Well, this was my first auction experience in person on the floor. I went into the HA and sat in for about 1/2 of it. Only about a dozen people on the floor with bidding cards (I was #12 and didn't see anyone register after me). Recognized a couple people from the con circuit, even if I didn't know there name except for John. People eating sandwiches and drinking coffee, it seemed casual. Checked out a collection, so I thought I would register, stay and watch to get a bit familiar on how it goes. I look forward to checking it out again sometime.

Were you sitting in the front row with shorts on?

No, was in the back.

Were you checking out the underground collection and mainly standing in the back?

Yeah, I just wanted to come by and check out some of Howard's items to see about bidding on them and find out how it all worked on the floor and how it goes when it's only online auction like tomorrow. I remember coming to this place when it was Superior Coin and Stamps back in the 80's to buy stamps with a friend of mine.

When I first came in and was standing there, I wiped my brow and then realized that that could cause a bid on my unintentional part and tried to refrain from doing that. But not long after I got there, a guy standing next to me was bidding on a piece and bid $18k I think, someone elsewhere bid $19k and the woman asked if he wanted to go to $20k (not really sure of the exact amounts) and he gave her the cut throat sign and won with a cut bid. He turned to me and said, he was telling her he didn't want to go higher not to give a cut bid. I didn't know if he was joking or if that was a very expensive mistake. Good experience for me to learn what not to do.

keep your hands in ur pockets

lol

Owning a page from Mad Love is a grail for me, so I was considering bidding on this page...

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/bruce-timm-batman-adventures-mad-love-1-page-10-harley-quinn-original-art-dc-1994-total-2-items-/a/7152-92255.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Bid was under $1000 last night. :D Went for $8365, so my bid would have been blown away.

:sorry:

Oh well.

My eyes!

I`m sorry, but I believe that UN Resolution 478 states that Boris collectors are prohibited from making fun of other artists. :rulez:

Let me sit and ponder that :insane:

8946c7b79d746c893ab3163ea5efd17c.jpg

Open Letter to Boris Vallejo:

Please immediately destroy all your "private" naughty art. We do not need to see it after you pass away. Seeing Fraz's was bad enough.

Signed: A Semi-Fan

Probably went to the winner of the published cover, just 2% of what the cover sold for.

Winner of the cover did not get the color guide.

Oh. Gawd. Two people actually fought over this up to $10k??

I was certain it was punishment bidding too.

Probably went to the winner of the published cover, just 2% of what the cover sold for.

Nobody was as down on Color Guides when the Watchman # 1 one sold (shrug)

Open Letter to Boris Vallejo:

Please immediately destroy all your "private" naughty art. We do not need to see it after you pass away. Seeing Fraz's was bad enough.

Signed: A Semi-Fan

Maybe you should address this to Julie?

Anybody else looking at the cover to Thunda #1 slightly differently? :insane:

Probably not. Because it was "published" it's fanboy insta-approved.

No I have zero problem with the cover; I still like it a lot. I just mean that the sexual undertone between the black man and the white woman (well on the part if the black man) that was always apparent is now a little more interesting, that's all.

Bruce Timm half-stat Batman Adventure pages go for what, now?!?

So did someone not read the description very closely before bidding?

Ok, actually never mind the stats issue, my real question is basically why is any Timm panel page more than, like, a thousand or so?

Still could be punishment style, no?

Buy color guide vs. the new owner of GLGA 76 cover OA at any price.

Sit on it for a minute. Cover owner regrets not buying it and becomes obsessed with owning it.

Put on market For 15K?