• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Whoops. Apologies, I've blown my budget on a biscuit from the Titanic. Carry on.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/10/26/titanic-cracker-sells-for-23-000.html

everybody front running biscuits in expectation of negative interest rates? (shrug)

No comment on $23k for just the biscuit, but too bad it was broken out. The whole kit -intact- would be very cool. And ironic.

Whoops. Apologies, I've blown my budget on a biscuit from the Titanic. Carry on.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/10/26/titanic-cracker-sells-for-23-000.html

I bet that would taste great with my 150 year old antarctic expedition beer

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/15/arctic-expedition-ale-sells-at-auction-for-over-5g/

Looks like there is more price discovery going on with various pieces. :ohnoez: Prices are already very high on stuff I am bidding on. I think I might end of skipping this auction and would probably be better off if I made strong, private offers on pieces I really want to own instead. hm

I took that approach on my Ghost Rider splash by Texeria. I looked at everything I could find that he did and sold. Took the highest price, doubled it, and that's what I offered. I was stoked when the owner said "yes".

I have bought 5 of my last 7 pieces simply by surfing CAF and asking an owner if a page was for sale? It's a nice surprise to find out that they are indeed open to selling. :banana: I think the hunt begins again.

I think there are fewer buyers cruising CAF that way then there used to be... so sellers are probably more open to it than they used to be because they don't get asked as often?

Only 20 more days till stuff closes :banana:

Was just outbid on another highly sought after piece. 98% sure I am out at the stage as I expect the price to double from where it currently is at. :P

I have been avoiding doing any price discovery even though I would love to know what level people have bid items up to. For the pages I am watching, everything is still about 1/3 to 1/4 where I expect them to close at.

Was just outbid on another highly sought after piece. 98% sure I am out at the stage as I expect the price to double from where it currently is at. :P

I have been avoiding doing any price discovery even though I would love to know what level people have bid items up to. For the pages I am watching, everything is still about 1/3 to 1/4 where I expect them to close at.

This is gonna be one expen$ive auction!

I agree. I think it will take at least low 5 figures for anything I am interested in, but who knows for sure :wishluck:

I agree. I think it will take at least low 5 figures for anything I am interested in, but who knows for sure :wishluck:

Hot China $$$$$$$$$ :sick: