• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

there are a few even I am interested in :o

Hey Rick! I feel bad for anyone in your way... :eek:

(thumbs u

Thank God Rick participates at a different (i.e. higher) price bracket than me ! :idea:

don't get too comfy. He has been known to drive up lower bracket items into higher brackets where they remain....

there are a few even I am interested in :o

Hey Rick! I feel bad for anyone in your way... :eek:

(thumbs u

Thank God Rick participates at a different (i.e. higher) price bracket than me ! :idea:

don't get too comfy. He has been known to drive up lower bracket items into higher brackets where they remain....

:cry:

I am thinking of buying a Perez cover, looking at the current auctions there are quite a few choice Perez pieces coming up. Can someone please give me an idea of the range I am likely to be looking at on the following pieces.

JLA 217 Cover

NTT 23 Cover

Hu;l Future imperfect #1 cover

Star Trek #1 Cover

This Alex Raymond Flash Gordon Sunday featuring the first appearance of Ming the Merciless is (worship)

The piece will be interesting to follow.

On the one hand, aesthetically the piece is before Raymond really hit his stride. In fact, I would say it`s pretty mediocre by Raymond`s standards.

On the other hand, it`s the first appearance of Ming the Merciless.

If this were from a comic book, we`d know what`s more important to collectors (Exhibit A: Herb Trimpe (Herb Trimpe!!!) being the artist on the most expensive panel page ever)

But for comic strip art, particularly this particular niche market that seems to be driven by Europeans, it`s hard to say.

Yesterday Went to the Heritage San Francisco office for the current Signature HA preview. They had some of the highlights from the auction including:

Adams' Green Lantern #76 Cover. Looks even better in person I can see why its getting such high bids. One of the most removable images by Neal.

Amazing Spider-Man #98 Cover another classic cover by Kane

Fantastic Four #123 Cover by Sal Buscema and Joe Sinnott. at $24K but think it will go higher, great example by Sal

Avengers Annual #2 Cover Recreation, Big John really went all out on this one. The piece is HUGE!!!!!

Journey Into Mystery #122 cover Kirby and Wood, rarely see this team-up I really love seeing Wally's inked over Jack's pencils

Action Comics #45 Cover nice golden age cover

Amazing Spider-Man #39 3 page sequence. Hope someone wins all three. They should be kept together. Love that Peter is fighting Green Goblin

Plus they had a splash from Conan #8 by BWS, Logan's Run #6 Cover by Gulacy and Two-Fisted Tales #27 Cover by Kurtzman.

Great examples from the auction, really enjoyed seeing many of the pieces I will never be able to own but appreciate seeing them in person.

Yeah,

I was there on Wednesday and looked at most of the same art. Great to see and hold what I suspect are treasures that will be disappearing into private collections for years to come.

Also really enjoyed seeing those great slabbed undergrounds in the window.....perhaps more realistic to my budget overall.

I've been watching this Liefeld X-Force #1 DPS in the November auction with curiosity. Not a lot of XF1 pages appear and Liefeld has been moving hot recently. Tonight this piece jumped to $6500 with 5 days to go. I'm impressed! I wasn't sure think it'd clear $5k. Go, Liefeld, go!

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/rob-liefeld-x-force-1-double-page-spread-18-19-original-art-marvel-1991-1-/a/7152-92162.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013