• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

I feel this Andy Kubert cover for the New York Comic Con would make for a great variant cover or the main cover of one of the following issues. Simple, but classic and powerful. Evokes the edginess of Frank Miller's Dark Knight. I feel it is timeless and good sign of the type of art to expect. Hopefully DC which owns the rights to it, turns it into one of the issues covers.

Variants01.jpg

I wish I was better at photoshop, I would love to see what the NYCC program would look like with the blue background and lightening bolt from DKR instead of the red background. I think it would make for a classic cover and great homage to the original DKR worthy of gracing one of the 8 covers of DK3.

Thanks for posting this. I for one am pretty excited for this book. Those panels Jim Lee was flipping through look really good.

No problem, so far it looks visually interesting. I just hope the story matches. Does anyone know how the ultimate collectors edition works? I am hoping to buy them all at one time instead of on a monthly basis. Any info and clarification would be beneficial.

This

Thanks for posting this. I for one am pretty excited for this book. Those panels Jim Lee was flipping through look really good.

No problem, so far it looks visually interesting. I just hope the story matches. Does anyone know how the ultimate collectors edition works? I am hoping to buy them all at one time instead of on a monthly basis. Any info and clarification would be beneficial.

This

In the video Jim states they willl come out 2 weeks after the comic .

This

In the video Jim states they willl come out 2 weeks after the comic .

Thanks. I missed that.

Some really interesting info about the level of Miller's involvement in the book:

The veil (cowl?) was also pulled back on the process of how Dark Knight III is being created. Miller spoke several times about how he’s only “consulting” on TDKIII, but Azzarello said he was being modest. Azzarello flies into New York City every month to sit in Frank’s studio and talk about the story and craft dialogue together. “We’re constantly trying to make each other laugh,” he said. “And that’s why we’re coming up with these crazy situations in this book. There are a couple of Superman moments in this book… you’re gonna like Superman again!” Azzarello also promises that “there’s lot of story” in this comic.

“This is not my conception,” said Miller. “It’s Brian’s. I set up a world in which Batman would operate, and tried to stay true to the character, and now Brian is expanding on the world that I created. These are DC’s characters. … I couldn’t be more thrilled and I’m dying to read it.”

Kubert and Azzarello said that they are “filtering” Miller through their art and writing, although Jim Lee joked that he threw his name in the hat to do the art, but when told the book has to come out on time, he pulled his name back out. Azzarello has been talking to DC about this project for two or three years, while Janson -- who of course inked the original TDKR book as well as Miller’s classic Daredevil run -- said he and Miller haven’t worked together in 30 years. “I was incredibly happy and incredibly intimidated at the same time,” Janson said of taking on TDKIII. “There was a lot of cloak and dagger and intrigue and a lot of backstabbing about this project.” (The backstabbing part was apparently a joke.)

Full article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/09/nycc-2015-frank-miller-returns-for-the-dark-knight-iii