• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

So far my least favorite cover if it looks anything like this. Your new artist for the DKR prequel, my thoughts are his art is not up to the standards I expect for this series.

Romita Jr's art is horrendous in general.

So is this part 3 of a trilogy or does it ignore DKR2 all together?

I think it ignores it, but don't quote me on that.

It's been referred to by DC as the third chapter (mistakenly once as the finale). So I think it does not ignore it - I think DK2 is part of the world story.

Cover for issue #3

F5096AB2-AE6C-4177-BF78-F6047487317E.jpg

Where did you find that cover? I assume the scene is after Batman brakes Carrie out of prison. I like it, but I'm not a fan of how Kubert depicted the condensation from their breaths, looks a little odd.

Wow, first thing I thought about when I saw this cover was that the condensation is exactly how Miller would have done it.

158408.jpg.2182ef877898d7c4fc4d85589e55f1e6.jpg

Jock

image.jpeg

Damn, that's a powerful image.

FM's initials are on it. Did he ink it? Lay it out?

Could it be an homage to his DKR issue 2 cover and that's why it is initialled? Giving him the nod?

My bad. You're right. The word 'after' is printed right before FM, but the FM is misleading because it looks exactly like FM initialed it. doh!

What do you think the arrow in the picture (snow covered tree or cave entrance?) represents? I assume it was intentional.

Fortress of Solitude? First thought that came to my mind.

What do you think the arrow in the picture (snow covered tree or cave entrance?) represents? I assume it was intentional.

Fortress of Solitude? First thought that came to my mind.

Of course, it's the giant key supes's uses to get into his fortress. doh!

Cover for issue #3

F5096AB2-AE6C-4177-BF78-F6047487317E.jpg

Where did you find that cover? I assume the scene is after Batman brakes Carrie out of prison. I like it, but I'm not a fan of how Kubert depicted the condensation from their breaths, looks a little odd.

http://www.newsarama.com/26411-what-we-learned-from-dcs-january-2016-solicitations.html

ut the solicit for Dark Knight III: The Master Race #3 hints at the reunion of the World’s Finest, asking if Batman will “turn to help of the Super variety” to face the foe at hand. Could it be a tease? Probably, but Azzarello said at NYCC 2015 that parts of Dark Knight III would make readers “like Superman again.” Maybe this is the start of that turn for the Man of Steel.