• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

I just watched the NYCC video where Frank is on the stage. I find it really interesting he essentially used his opening comments to say this is Brian's story and his involvement was really just in the world creation and setup (alluding to DKR) and he's just excited to read it when it comes out...

Seemed like DC was really playing up Frank's involvement, but he was really trying to suggest it's not really his work. Very curious...

Jock

image.jpeg

Damn, that's a powerful image.

yeah, I like this one a lot.

I just watched the NYCC video where Frank is on the stage. I find it really interesting he essentially used his opening comments to say this is Brian's story and his involvement was really just in the world creation and setup (alluding to DKR) and he's just excited to read it when it comes out...

Seemed like DC was really playing up Frank's involvement, but he was really trying to suggest it's not really his work. Very curious...

One could take this to mean that Miller is trying to distance himself from a steaming heap of that is to come as DK3: The Master Race, but if you read this article from IGN: ign Scott Snyder Scott Snyder reveals why he wound up backing off the project.

The gist being Miller and Azarello work so well collaborating together, Snyder felt like a third wheel and got out of their way and let them work.

My guess would be that Miller wants the limelight to shine on Brian and may want to, at the same time mitigate any potential skepticism that would come with him being involved in the project after DK2. Honestly,I don't know but that's just one way of looking at it.