• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

Hotflips owned the Javitz in 2015 with 3 sweet locations. (worship)

Thank you kindly

We plan on doing it again, We are starting to prepare now

11 Months, 8 Days to go :banana:

Booths N307, 1074 and 2644

Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed going to Special Edition last year. The only problem was the way they handled the crowds looking to buy tickets for NYCC in Oct. If I were a dealer at the show, I wouldn't have been too happy with the attendees standing on line for hours to buy tickets for NYCC, instead of using that time to look over my wares and possibly buy something. Wrist bracelets with numbers could have been handed out and groupings of attendees could have been instructed to show up at different times, eliminating the crush of people trying to all buy tickets at the same time.

I'm hoping to bring my son to NYC for the con this year. Are tickets difficult to get? Will there be an online sale? Thanks in advance for any help

They can be difficult to get. After sales were completed online, the only way to get them was to physically visit one MIDTOWN COMICS location (in NYC) selling all the tickets last year. The year before that, all three MIDTOWN COMICS locations were selling tickets. Tickets were also sold through the SPECIAL EDITION: NYC convention but they canceled this year's con to expand the NYCC.

Your best bet is to visit a smaller show that way you and your kid can have a good time without the crazy ticket and food prices. Boston Comic Con is a great show in an awesome town.

I'm hoping to bring my son to NYC for the con this year. Are tickets difficult to get? Will there be an online sale? Thanks in advance for any help

They can be difficult to get. After sales were completed online, the only way to get them was to physically visit one MIDTOWN COMICS location (in NYC) selling all the tickets last year. The year before that, all three MIDTOWN COMICS locations were selling tickets. Tickets were also sold through the SPECIAL EDITION: NYC convention but they canceled this year's con to expand the NYCC.

Your best bet is to visit a smaller show that way you and your kid can have a good time without the crazy ticket and food prices. Boston Comic Con is a great show in an awesome town.

Thanks for the insight. So at some point they will be for sale online? He started working about 6 months ago and has saved his money to go to NY and see a Jets game so I'm hoping they are home that weekend and we can do the Con as well. It's NY or nothing.

What are the Chances of j scott campbell coming again?

Very high. He usually does the big shows and this is certainly one of them. He doesn't station himself at Artist Alley. He's usually on the con floor, much like Neal Adams. His brother helps him out during signings by collecting cash for sigs, prints and books.

Thanks for the insight. So at some point they will be for sale online? He started working about 6 months ago and has saved his money to go to NY and see a Jets game so I'm hoping they are home that weekend and we can do the Con as well. It's NY or nothing.

If that's the case, you may have a better chance going on a one day pass rather than a 4 day pass. You both save money and it allows you to use that cash on the con floor. It's a big experience since they go all out as do the exhibitors. If you can't score tickets online or at Midtown Comics, there's always Ebay.

If you end up going, I highly recommend comfy sneakers, backpack, bottled water, beef jerky, a premade sandwich, granola,some Emergen-C and a working camera. Although they started adding food trucks to the con, the lines can be just as long as the ones at the Marvel booth and the prices can be high. The foodcourt in the basement really pricey as well and full of cosplayers.

If you're able to go, you'll both be beat but it's a fun atmosphere with freebies, glimpses of new toys, comics and statues coming out in the new year and tons of cosplayers. I love it. Good luck!