• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

Finally got through a little while ago. I had given up, put my phone away, was getting coffee and took my phone out to look at something and found myself in the queue.

Friday and Sunday for me, those were the two I wanted so no complaints!

Finally got my tickets. Since 3 and 4 day sold out, I purchased a Friday, Saturday and Sunday for myself and a Saturday for the wife.

I've been trying to verify the tickets but the ShowClix site is being difficult. I clicked "Forgot Password", received a link to click in my inbox, after I click I change my password and it says it's accepted. I go to log in and it doesn't recognize the password. I changed my password twice and I'm still having trouble logging in.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you get E-mail confirmation/receipt?

Yes. For some reason, I got two.

Yeah I got two as well.. looks like only difference is the second email has the confirmation numbers next to that square barcode scan thingy.

Good catch. I hadn't noticed that.

Hey All! Thanks for the heads up!

I was in such a rush after finally being next in queue to buy tickets that I rushed to register them. I failed to read the e-mail I received thoroughly.

This ticket buying situation was stressful.

I know, I know -- First World Problems. But hey, they're still problems.

What a mess thought. I clicked and was in line about 10 seconds after 12 PM. I was still in line 45 minutes later, and had to leave to go to work, so I was forced to continue waiting on my phone. I finally got though at about 2 PM. I managed to get individual tickets for Thursday for myself, and for Friday and Sunday for the family.

Have no idea how the servers determined you line position. Was reading people on reddit that clicked after me, but got through well before me.

Is it normally this hard to get tickets to NYCC or just this year?

I can usually buy tickets for WW Chicago weeks after they go up for sale. I hope scalpers aren't ruining this, too.

Yes NYCC is hard just like SDCC is. There may be some off day single tickets that hang around for a few days, but they will sell out. The new fan registration system was intended to make it easier, and cut down on scalpers. Only time will tell if it works. It does not seemed to have improved the first day buying process.

Scalpers have been a big problem. To be honest I have usually gotten scalped tickets in the past, or gotten dealer friends to find me a ticket. But NYCC has either eliminated most special tickets this year, and has greatly reduced or eliminated professional tickets. I have a friend that reps several artists, and he has issues getting enough passes to cover his people, and he pays for floor space.

Saturday tickets already showing up on Stubhub for $220.

:pullhair:

Yes, they are about $125 on eBay also. The difficulty is they can only be sold to people who are fan verified already. So sellers overbought tickets and are now selling you the ticket. At which point the buyer must send them their fan information so they can complete the verification process.

It will be interesting to see how much fan verification limits the potential pool for scalped tickets. The tickets must also be sold within the next 2 weeks, or they will be refunded and put back into the available bin.

Saturday will just be an overcrowded mess anyway. :D Best not to go that day.

...and if not assigned to a profile the tickets are cancelled and payment is returned. Soooo the scalpers get their money back, not much of a gamble for them. (shrug)

Not saying the new system is a good system. I will be verifying all my tickets, if I can not use some, I have friends who will. Not going to sell them to strangers.

...and if not assigned to a profile the tickets are cancelled and payment is returned. Soooo the scalpers get their money back, not much of a gamble for them. (shrug)

Not saying the new system is a good system. I will be verifying all my tickets, if I can not use some, I have friends who will. Not going to sell them to strangers.

I think some sort of checking of IDs at the door is probably going to be necessary for this system to work. Otherwise I could see scalpers setting up a bunch of phony IDs (or using those of family and friends), "verifying" those names, and then selling the tickets.

Unless they intend to check IDs, it looks as if scalpers will be able to game the system.

I wonder how StubHub handles this type of thing? Can ReedPop give them a head's up that there is no way resales can be legit?