• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

We will be back next year. Likely with a bigger set up and offering more great comics. I must concur that the floors are horrendous. There were periods of time I couldn't stand and had to sit due to back pain. Never been this bad in my life.

You are also ok with chit chat in the men's room.

Focus, it is all about focus in there.

Talking breaks the concentration.

A man learns to take his pleasure where he finds it.

I went to the show on Saturday with my son and daughter. My daughter wanted to go to a panel on Ironfist at 6:00 PM in one of the rooms in Javits. It was filled up with a waiting line at 9:30 AM. How does a panel at 6:00 PM fill up at 9:30 AM when admission to the show doesn't start until 10:00 AM? And were people actually waiting in line for 8 1/2 to 9 hours for this panel?

OK, I take it you had a good show as opposed to last year's debacle?

did good this year. Last year actually did 2x what I did this year. It was 2 years ago I did zip :cry:

I went to the show on Saturday with my son and daughter. My daughter wanted to go to a panel on Ironfist at 6:00 PM in one of the rooms in Javits. It was filled up with a waiting line at 9:30 AM. How does a panel at 6:00 PM fill up at 9:30 AM when admission to the show doesn't start until 10:00 AM? And were people actually waiting in line for 8 1/2 to 9 hours for this panel?

They let people in 30 minutes early every day.

And, yes, people wait in line for a ridiculous amount of hours for the panels. It's even worse in San Diego where people camp out for days to secure a spot in the main hall.

I'll never understand missing the entire show to see a panel, but to each his own.

+1

I know people like to see celebrities but I can always just read a synopsis of what happened at a panel or see it on youtube.

Personally, I'm there for comics, comic creators, artwork and exclusives.

Three days at the con was quite a bit. Didn't bother lining up early as I always was able to enter easily. Other than Toy Tokyo, I was able to get the exclusives I wanted including winning two lotteries (Funko on Sunday and ONE PUNCH MAN signing on Saturday).

Couldn't find Doug Mahnke for some reason even though he was at the con. Too bad since I wanted to get my ACTION COMICS signed by him. At least I was able to get Tim Bradstreet.

Overall, I had a good time. Just not happy that there were guests that attended that NYCC didn't advertise such as Steve McNiven and Jerry Ordway. Originally, Jerry was only doing one day and ended up at the con most days via The Artists Choice table doing autographs and commissions.

Definitely looking forward to 2017.