• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'll be in NY this weekend, but bummed that I won't be able join the NYCC madness as I do not have a ticket. :( Don't suppose anyone would be helpful enough to purchase some of the exclusives for me?

I'll probably just hang around the convention centre to absorb the atmosphere lol.

WOW, NOTHING ALL DAY?

Here is my con report:

I showed up at 11:00 or so and walked right in. The line was about 2 minutes. People of "

will call" look like they might be waiting hours.

It was not terribly crowded and even by the end of the day the bathroom was not totally disgusting.

I took no pictures.

The subway extension that gets you over there is sooooooooo much better than the torture that used to be where it was a brutal 20 minute walk to the subway (or waiting for a cross-town bus that would take forever and be packed). A couple of years ago I almost had a heart attack doing that walk while carrying two short boxes and a backpack full of books.

My feet are hurting and I probably bought too much stuff I don't need.

I went to work afterward, so now I have another 2 short boxes of comics in my office.

Here is my con report:

I showed up at 11:00 or so and walked right in. The line was about 2 minutes. People of "

It was not terribly crowded and even by the end of the day the bathroom was not totally disgusting.

You sure you were at NYCC and not a trade show?

I hope everyone has a good time this year. I am not expecting anyone to go out of their way, but I wanted to put this out there on people's radars. Below are some images of a stolen AF 15. It was shopped around in the New Jersey area just a couple of weeks ago. It's is a 3.0 with no marvel chipping and a small piece missing out of the top left edge.

There is a reward for any information or help that leads to the return of the book. Just PM me here.

7-STOLENAF15A_zps1k1zzk69.jpg

6-STOLENAF15B_zpsslcn0ngk.jpg

5-STOLENAF15C_zps85wsu3wn.jpg

4-STOLENAF15D_zpsyik61qcq.jpg

Here is my con report:

lol. Less about the bathroom and more about the who and what are in those two short boxes please. Any DeCarlo babes?

I hope everyone has a good time this year. I am not expecting anyone to go out of their way, but I wanted to put this out there on people's radars. Below are some images of a stolen AF 15. It was shopped around in the New Jersey area just a couple of weeks ago. It's is a 3.0 with no marvel chipping and a small piece missing out of the top left edge.

There is a reward for any information or help that leads to the return of the book. Just PM me here.

7-STOLENAF15A_zps1k1zzk69.jpg

6-STOLENAF15B_zpsslcn0ngk.jpg

5-STOLENAF15C_zps85wsu3wn.jpg

4-STOLENAF15D_zpsyik61qcq.jpg

Hope you get your book back!

Had fun today but not feeling so great so dont think I'll be going back Saturday. If anyones interested in a badge PM me, I also have reservations for a parking garage a few blocks away if needed.

Cross posted so first come first served, prefer local pickup. Badge is verified, just needs to be activated either your own account or I can activate it for you under my account.

FOR SALE

L2UNQjS.jpg

Here is my con report:

lol. Less about the bathroom and more about the who and what are in those two short boxes please. Any DeCarlo babes?

I did get some 12 cent Archies from the DeCarlo era, although he didn't do all of them I'm sure. I should check.

The shorties are filled with my usual cheap box diving. Alas, no spectacular mispriced books this year found in $1-2 boxes. last year i walked out of NYCC with a $50 an $75 book out of there and a bunch of $25ers (and I didn't even know it at the time).

Here is my con report:

I guess I have a fairly low theshhold for what i find not totally disgusting given the horror show bathrooms I have been in over the years, but at least in the urinal area it was not bad. i did not try to sit on a krapper. i dread bringing the five year old this weekend because I KNOW he is going to decide he needs to make a #2 at some point. the more disgusting the toilets, the more urgent it will be.

although i think my passes may get us into the media/VIP area where maybe they may have a cleaner toilet, that place is really far from the con floor.