• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

I wonder if they are cancelling them or if the franchise is moving elsewhere?

They'd be a strong bargaining chip to get another previously lost franchise back.

If they're canceling entirely, I'm sad. I've been an Inhumans lover since I was turned onto them in the late 1970's. :(

They seem to have already crashed back to the levels prior to the movie announcements. Thought I was getting a steal on the two lower grade FF 45s I won the last couple auctions. I still like the books for the prices I paid but I definitely won't be retiring on them anytime soon. Thank god I didn't win any of the higher grade copies since those look like they still have a bunch of room to fall further.

I'll believe it when or if Feige publicly confirms it.

Also, Inhumans are already featured prominently on SHIELD, and they are obviously setting the stage for something larger there. If Black Bolt or Medusa show up on an episode of that, then I'll REALLY believe it (and in either scenario I don't see a massive crash in Inhuman books, these were under-valued for a long time as it was).

-J.

Also, Inhumans are already featured prominently on SHIELD, and they are obviously setting the stage for something larger there. If Black Bolt or Medusa show up on an episode of that, then I'll REALLY believe it (and in either scenario I don't see a massive crash in Inhuman books, these were under-valued for a long time as it was).

-J.

I doubt either of them show up.

I love this show but that is probably their #1 problem...a real lack of actual Marvel characters. This is in the same world as all the movies and Netflix shows. It is fully possible for these agents to run into those heroes and villains every once in a while. I fact it is really odd they don't.

We don't even see Maria Hill or Fury either!

Maybe Marvel is going hard after the FF rights right now, and would rather go in that direction if they have the chance. hm

I think they definitely would want the FF rights and not so much for the FF themselves but for Galactus, Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom. By the time Thanos is story is told in Infinity War it will have been 7 years in the making. They need another "big bad" for phase 4 and beyond and Doom and Galactus done right are the only thing that can follow Thanos.

-J.

I had posted the story where on 4/11 Feige said to the press Inhumans was going to be delayed. So it would appear Marvel was already questioning this movie's release at least for a while.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2016 to 2021

Marvel Studios President Says INHUMANS Delayed

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige did some press at the Captain America: Civil War junket this weekend, and he finally addressed one particular elephant in the room: that pesky Inhumans release date. While acknowledging that the movie is very likely to shift away from its current July 12, 2019 date (itself the second date for the film, initially announced for November 2, 2018), he did double down that it's at least still on the docket.

"Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big, joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big, fun continuation of that story for us," Feige told Collider. "Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it's on right now. How far down it shuffles, I'm not sure yet."

But it didn't sound like an actual cancellation at that point.

Good

Inhumans are goofy as helll

Why, if you live in a hidden city that you never leave, with the same people you have known since birth, do you have to wear costumes and masks?

You telling me black bolt is comfortable wearing a full body suit with head and face covering 24/7?

Or the Karate guy with the giant motorcycle helmet he never takes off?

Goofy group, goofy powers, Medusa is the only cool one that I was looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

This is all just IMO, nobody has to agree with it :foryou: