• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

Disney has so many franchises and stand-alone movies cooking right now, it could end up competing against itself. So a crowded playing field.

Disney Officially Pulls Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ Off 2019 Release Schedule

Disney has confirmed what most fanboys have known for the past 11 days: The studio is pulling Marvel’s Inhumans off its July 12, 2019 release date for the time being, and leaving it as unset. Marvel has made a lot of additions to its release calendar, i.e. Spider-Man: Homecoming on July 7, 2017 and Ant-Man And The Wasp on July 6, 2018, which has pushed Inhumans to the back burner.

In an interview with Collider, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige pointed to the fact that Disney/Lucasfilm’s next Indiana Jones film is scheduled for the weekend following Inhumans, July 19.

It makes sense it had to pull back on something soon.

It will happen eventually. Might be late Phase 4 or even Phase 5. At some point Robert Downey, Chris Evans, Hemsworth etc. will move on and Marvel will need to explore other properties. Or as others have stated they could be saving them in the hopes of getting FF rights back.

Good chance to accumulate these books if they come down hard as a result of this news.

Good

Inhumans are goofy as helll

Why, if you live in a hidden city that you never leave, with the same people you have known since birth, do you have to wear costumes and masks?

You telling me black bolt is comfortable wearing a full body suit with head and face covering 24/7?

Or the Karate guy with the giant motorcycle helmet he never takes off?

Goofy group, goofy powers, Medusa is the only cool one that I was looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

This is all just IMO, nobody has to agree with it :foryou:

lol

So, so true.

I love this show but that is probably their #1 problem...a real lack of actual Marvel characters. This is in the same world as all the movies and Netflix shows. It is fully possible for these agents to run into those heroes and villains every once in a while. I fact it is really odd they don't.

We don't even see Maria Hill or Fury either!

+1. We don't see Hill or Fury or Agent 13 or anyone from Asgard. They don't even name drop superheroes anymore. Remember the awful rendition of Deathlok? And I don't think the Inhumans are any better on the show. In fact, I've grown bored of the overall Inhumans storyline on MAOS.

You're right. The Guardians of the Galaxy makes so much more sense.

A gun toting raccoon and a walking tree that only says one word.

Inhumans would never work. (thumbs u

You seem very tense about the cancellation of the movie and must be a big fan of the Inhumans. I don't think the OP nor I stated it wouldn't work in either of our post. I was agreeing to the OP's quote you were responding to that wearing your costume 24/7 was absurd and goofy.

Gun toting racoon that is jaded, spouts off like Deapool, and has a friend who is a walking tree would work though. What you described seemed to bring back images of Howard the Duck who was in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He needed to stay in the glass jar/cage. Lucas might make get ahold of him again and make an even worse movie than the first one he produced.

I love this show but that is probably their #1 problem...a real lack of actual Marvel characters. This is in the same world as all the movies and Netflix shows. It is fully possible for these agents to run into those heroes and villains every once in a while. I fact it is really odd they don't.

+1. We don't see Hill or Fury or Agent 13 or anyone from Asgard. They don't even name drop superheroes anymore. Remember the awful rendition of Deathlok? And I don't think the Inhumans are any better on the show. In fact, I've grown bored of the overall Inhumans storyline on MAOS.

I've only watched a few episodes, but we did have the one with both Sif & Lorelei from Asgard...

interesting

let's see the fanboys come in and call this latest news BS like they did 6 months ago

I was thinking the same thing with many proclaiming BS while secretly dumping their caches of FF 45/46's...

I gave up on that show last year. I can only imagine what a mess it's become.

I've only watched a few episodes, but we did have the one with both Sif & Lorelei from Asgard...

Yeah, but Sif and Lorelei were like 18 months ago. They've been running circles the last 12 months or so around Inhumans and more Inhumans and Agent Ward and Inhumans.

Good

Why, if you live in a hidden city that you never leave, with the same people you have known since birth, do you have to wear costumes and masks?

You telling me black bolt is comfortable wearing a full body suit with head and face covering 24/7?

Goofy group, goofy powers, Medusa is the only cool one that I was looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

Not to mention Black Bolt barely works in comics - I can't see him on the big screen, sitting around, never talking. They could give him an ipad, I guess.

I gave up on that show last year. I can only imagine what a mess it's become.

I've just watched the 13 episodes of season 3 on my DVR. Okay, average, consistent, nothing I'd sit through again, but better than season 1. Interesting to see an Inhuman very similar to DC's Shadow Thief, but poorly, cheaply executed, as has often been the problem throughout, as with Deathlok.

Good

Not to mention Black Bolt barely works in comics - I can't see him on the big screen, sitting around, never talking. They could give him an ipad, I guess.

Product placement alone guarantees a profitable movie

Oh wait it would have to be a stark industries tablet :doh:

Good cause the Inhumans are lame.

Once the movie news broke you hear the sound of the FF 45 falling if no one is there to hear it? hm

catfile_zps4ywlna0d.gif I only need FF #36,45 & 46,and was never going to pay those stupid prices for a stupid group....now I will wait a year and get them at 1/3 the price......Thanks Disney! :boo:

Inhumans made sense when the Marvel Comic division and the Marvel Movie division were working together. Now that they are separated, I can see why the movie division wouldn't care to push a movie about characters that very few Marvel fans (i.e. directors, actors, etc.) care about.

Marvel's attempts in the past couple of years to raise the prominence of these characters have not translated into sales like they hoped is my guess.

Let's face it, Marvel is putting all their eggs into the Avengers basket for future movies. Hopefully the new characters they are introducing will maintain the same level of excitement as the first round of characters. We know some of the original character's actors have contracts that are coming to an end.