• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

Since my Crime Must Pay the Penalty run is in the VG range. I purchased a couple of higher grade specimens from other titles just to see what these babies look like in higher grade. Not disappointed so far.....

19651E49-7E4C-4195-8E38-4C6DE8EE686C.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

8 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Wait a minute......I just noticed the C&P in the first scan has a maple leaf on the cover. I presume this is the Canadian Edition!  It did not state that on the web-site when I bought it! :tonofbricks:

I don't think I ever would have noticed that. I'm used to Canadian editions being more obvious.

It's still a beautiful book though!

39 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I don't think I ever would have noticed that. I'm used to Canadian editions being more obvious.

It's still a beautiful book though!

Yes, still a nice book. The American version says Lev Gleason where the maple leaf is, unless you look closely it's easy to over look.  I hope the let me return it, cause I'n almost positive nothing in the description said Canadian version.

3 hours ago, fifties said:

Cross posting from the Recent Pre-Code purchases.  I had to settle for a replica of this issue, as I've been after the real deal for ages, and just couldn't find one.  Lev Gleason could display gruesomeness though.  In this panel, they had drugged the two people, then hung them upside down in a well, to let the drug run out, and drown them.

CDNP 24.jpg

CDNP 24 panel.jpg

If you're still looking, there's one in the Hake's auction this month.  But, you may have to eat bologna and crackers for a year.

9 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

If you're still looking, there's one in the Hake's auction this month.  But, you may have to eat bologna and crackers for a year.

Yeah thx.  I saw it in their auction catalog, and IIRC they estimated value at 5 to 10 grand.  Out of my collecting budget.