• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
4 4

514 posts in this topic

Episode 4 was crazy as this world shifts massively on who is in control and why. This feels like they found their Season One footing again. 

And now that someone of free, it is going to get even more intense. So glad they dropped binging the entire season. It brings the anticipation it should leave you with.

:banana::ohnoez::banana:

On 6/9/2022 at 6:23 AM, jsilverjanet said:

If I had to describe this show in one word outside of "bloody" it would be fearless

this show makes zero apologies and is so raw. I wish Amazon had made a deal to make Preacher

I was ok with most parts of AMCs Preacher, but agreed. If it went on Amazon, they probably would've had even more free reign to do what they wanted. 

On 6/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, Artboy99 said:

I started watching this show last weekend, and i am now "up to date" after my "couldnt stop watching" binge.

Fantastic!

I haven’t watched this week’s episode yet. Well done Karl!

Watched episode 4 last night. Homelander getting darker by the minute. As the Boys 'experiment' with ways of taking him down, it seems like this is heading in the direction of one big splatter-fest (insert Herogasm joke here).

so I am guessing the weapon they were looking for is Soldier Boy? because the so-called weapon, was just a ruse where he was kidnapped and put on ice by the Russians? 

Or is the hamster the weapon? 

Or is the weapon still out there....

On 6/12/2022 at 5:02 AM, Lpgk said:

so I am guessing the weapon they were looking for is Soldier Boy? because the so-called weapon, was just a ruse where he was kidnapped and put on ice by the Russians? 

I thought the same after what he did to Kimiko.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:02 AM, Lpgk said:

The hamster resides in a hero's butt in the comics 

On 6/13/2022 at 3:46 AM, media_junkie said:

Yeah, when the hamster showed up in the show I was like, "uh-oh, here we go!".

well the hamster is associated with lamplighter in the comics, but they already introduced took care of him in Season 2. I'm wondering where they're going with that, I'm pretty sure the idea of a killer hamster is not a one shot cameo.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:02 AM, Lpgk said:

They were not looking for Soldier Boy but he will end up being the "weapon". 2 "alpha top dudes" wont co-exist well

Antony Starr just makes this show for me (he's not alone don't get me wrong), I absolutely loved him in Banshee but I cannot stand him in The Boys. It's made me appreciate just how damn fine an actor he is.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, Boozad said:

Antony Starr just makes this show for me (he's not alone don't get me wrong), I absolutely loved him in Banshee but I cannot stand him in The Boys. It's made me appreciate just how damn fine an actor he is.

I love his character in The Boys. He is a psycho capable of doing anything he wants.