• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

So is this the guy on ebay with 5 years and zero feedback? Also multiple similar user id's from Germany? Yeeep no red flags here....

he has another account with 26 feedbacks so I've asked people he bought from if he's reputable because they are people that have a lot of feedback.

Even if God himself told me this guy was legit I'd still pass on the purchase since there are so many red flags.

lol that says a lot I want to see if this turns out as well he did mention something that he can't list it on ebay because there's a seller's limit is that true? I never had anything that valuable and the only limit I had was that they held my money a long time.

A selling limit? Never heard of that one. You seem to be spending a lot of time researching if this guy is legit since all the red flags are going off. If even one red flag goes off its better to just cut your losses in terms of time spent on a deal and more on to other books. As others have said - way too many AF 15s out there to be dealing with an unknown foreign seller who can't sell on E-Bay for whatever reason.

I'm going to see if this will work out because if he gives me anymore reason not to trust him I'll dump him and I've tried with other people but they don't like the offers that my client gave why do you think I'm trying hard for this one?

Gabriel - this is one of those examples where you are in way over your head!

I understand that you made a similar deal before - but you are obviously out of your element. This does not mean you will not ever be able to make deals like this - but you really should not go near something like this until you are able to comfortably investigate the sale yourself - then purchase the book yourself - then flip it to your buyer.

You should be focusing on purchasing small collections or finding deals in the wild- and grinding out the $5 ebay sales. You will have to work hard - but you will learn and build a bankroll.

You keep trying to skip this step - and eventually one or more of these deals will blow up in your face and you will be out hundreds if not thousands. brokering a 10K deal that goes south ---- and it is all on you and you get screwed and are unlikely to recover. Missing a coupon cutout on a $10 sale? --- so much easier to handle the situation.

Yes ebay does have seller limits - it does not take much to get these increased. I sell nowhere near what many others here do ( I am SMALL fish - big pond) - and I am allowed to list $60K+ per month (and get NOWHERE near that, lol).

In my area it's kinda dry for comics and the good ones are in toronto

So is this the guy on ebay with 5 years and zero feedback? Also multiple similar user id's from Germany? Yeeep no red flags here....

he has another account with 26 feedbacks so I've asked people he bought from if he's reputable because they are people that have a lot of feedback.

Even if God himself told me this guy was legit I'd still pass on the purchase since there are so many red flags.

lol that says a lot I want to see if this turns out as well he did mention something that he can't list it on ebay because there's a seller's limit is that true? I never had anything that valuable and the only limit I had was that they held my money a long time.

A selling limit? Never heard of that one. You seem to be spending a lot of time researching if this guy is legit since all the red flags are going off. If even one red flag goes off its better to just cut your losses in terms of time spent on a deal and more on to other books. As others have said - way too many AF 15s out there to be dealing with an unknown foreign seller who can't sell on E-Bay for whatever reason.

1cool there is such a thing as a selling limit. If you don't confirm your information then I think you can only sell 5k a month.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

So basically your client asked you to acquire this book at a price that is too good to be true. That should work out well.

No I explained everything to my client and they want me to find out if this guy is legit if he is I get a percentage of the sale. I will ask him to ship the comic to my client and if he says no after I show their ebay page and everything I'm dumping him.

I'm going to see if this will work out because if he gives me anymore reason not to trust him I'll dump him and I've tried with other people but they don't like the offers that my client gave why do you think I'm trying hard for this one?

So your client pretty much asked you to go find him a AF 15 for a price that is less then FMV for the book? He gets to have you hunt for deals in possibly unsavory places and then if the deal falls thru does he cover the loss? I'm thinking he must expect you to cover the losses if the deal goes bad. I can't imagine he has built in enough profit were you should even consider going forward at this point.

1cool there is such a thing as a selling limit. If you don't confirm your information then I think you can only sell 5k a month.

I know I had a selling limit but it didn't last to long since I sold a comic and increased my limit apparently but it seems I have a limit on how low I price a comic.

So basically your client asked you to acquire this book at a price that is too good to be true. That should work out well.

No I explained everything to my client and they want me to find out if this guy is legit if he is I get a percentage of the sale. I will ask him to ship the comic to my client and if he says no after I show their ebay page and everything I'm dumping him.

"I've tried with other people but they don't like the offers that my client gave"

Which is basically saying he wants to pay a price that is too good to be true.

So there are red flags with this guy and he is the only one willing to work with the buyer? Just curious, how is the book going to get paid? The buyer pays you and you pay the seller or does the buyer pay straight to the seller? Also, does the book gets sent to you and you send it to the buyer or does the seller send it straight to the buyer?

So your client pretty much asked you to go find him a AF 15 for a price that is less then FMV for the book? He gets to have you hunt for deals in possibly unsavory places and then if the deal falls thru does he cover the loss? I'm thinking he must expect you to cover the losses if the deal goes bad. I can't imagine he has built in enough profit were you should even consider going forward at this point.

Yes my client usually buy for 50-75% of fmv and usually starts at 50% he the guy asked for payment through pp protection if that helps anything. I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

"I've tried with other people but they don't like the offers that my client gave"

Which is basically saying he wants to pay a price that is too good to be true.

My client pay 50-75% of fmv on most comics and yes that would be right.

So there are red flags with this guy and he is the only one willing to work with the buyer? Just curious, how is the book going to get paid? The buyer pays you and you pay the seller or does the buyer pay straight to the seller? Also, does the book gets sent to you and you send it to the buyer or does the seller send it straight to the buyer?

The seller wants it paid with pp protection and the comic goes to the buyer then I get paid for it after all is said and done.

Yes my client usually buy for 50-75% of fmv and usually starts at 50% he the guy asked for payment through pp protection if that helps anything. I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

I'm going out on a limb here , but I'm gonna say your client (you) don't get very many books , especially the hottest books (af15) in the industry... My 2c

I'm going out on a limb here , but I'm gonna say your client (you) don't get very many books , especially the hottest books (af15) in the industry... My 2c

Gambit can I buy your AF 15 at half of FMV? Please?

:cry: It's never come up before.