• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo ComicCon Report - October 17th & 18th

93 posts in this topic

Steranko said he wouldnt take a picture with me because I'm a dude and not a hot chick...

don't take it personal, that's his shtick!

Almost like the zany way Stan Lee acts...

He's like the fonz of the comic world and if the fonz was a real person you wouldn't expect him to take a photo with a dude would you???

lol

wasn't going to go after the last ted hanes show locally but did and was able to pull a few better books from the dollar bin.

green lantern #201 (1st killiwog unsure of spelling)

wolverine #66a (old man logan 1st print)

secret origins #14 (suicide squad)

venom dark origins (cool cover art)

and a handful of more books that I will send to my comics shop to offset my cost of attending $15, parking $7 and internet usage $8. (kind of thought it should be free oh well),

nice show never the less and set up was very different than local shows so overall I was happy

Steranko said he wouldnt take a picture with me because I'm a dude and not a hot chick...

don't take it personal, that's his shtick!

Almost like the zany way Stan Lee acts...

He's like the fonz of the comic world and if the fonz was a real person you wouldn't expect him to take a photo with a dude would you???

lol

Maybe Jimmy just needs to work on his make-up a little.....,

IMG_20151017_135854008_zpsd1etnqvl.jpg

IMG_20151017_135855432_zpsun5od2ez.jpg

IMG_20151017_135856710_zpsimxnb6sw.jpg

Dude looks like he's about ready to flash Steranko

lol First thing I thought when I saw that pic, too!

I thought it looked like a great Chester costume.

Top notch report by Blowie as always!

This was a great show, much better venue than the ones typically held at the Marriott in Amhearst. Loved being in dowtown Buffalo for once.

On Saturday, the show started off slow-ish but got busier as the day went on. There was a long lineup to get into the convention centre by mid-afternoon. Lots of selection from Silver Age to Moderrn, but not much in the way of Golden Age. Prices varied depending on dealer (reasonable to unreasonable). Pleanty of smaller dealers with fresh stuff, which is what me likes. I hope this two-day show returns but doesn't become a victim of its own success (by charging more for tables and at the gate, pricing out the smaller guys - Wizard model).

For me, deciding at the last minute to trek down from Toronto on Saturday morning, I wish I would have prepared myself and brought some Steranko books with me to get signed. I arrived at 10:30 or so and there wasn't much of a lineup for him. Queen City Comics had an IDW Steranko artist edition for sale. I had it in my hands but put it down to look through other IDW books to look for a "better copy." Some dude behind me scooped it up. By far, my biggest regret at the show, Otherwise, my buying experience was fairly pedestrian, acquiring just a handful of books to fill holes in my collection - ho-hum.

This was a great show, much better venue than the ones typically held at the Marriott in Amhearst. Loved being in dowtown Buffalo for once.

On Saturday, the show started off slow-ish but got busier as the day went on. There was a long lineup to get into the convention centre by mid-afternoon. Lots of selection from Silver Age to Moderrn, but not much in the way of Golden Age. Prices varied depending on dealer (reasonable to unreasonable). Pleanty of smaller dealers with fresh stuff, which is what me likes. I hope this two-day show returns but doesn't become a victim of its own success (by charging more for tables and at the gate, pricing out the smaller guys - Wizard model).

For me, deciding at the last minute to trek down from Toronto on Saturday morning, I wish I would have prepared myself and brought some Steranko books with me to get signed. I arrived at 10:30 or so and there wasn't much of a lineup for him. Queen City Comics had an IDW Steranko artist edition for sale. I had it in my hands but put it down to look through other IDW books to look for a "better copy." Some dude behind me scooped it up. By far, my biggest regret at the show, Otherwise, my buying experience was fairly pedestrian, acquiring just a handful of books to fill holes in my collection - ho-hum.

Oh, and I found a $50 bill on the convention floor. Yes, an American $50 bill.

Good seeing you again!