• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open letter to the fellow who consigned those MICRONAUTS pages to ComicConnect

20 posts in this topic

serious question:

Could the consignor strike a deal outside of CLink at this point and cancel the auctions? Has this been done before?

It's not as easy as eBay. Presumably the pages have already shipped to CLink, been scanned and listed (i.e. CLink has already put in work and have a vested interest). It's not just canceling on eBay because "items are no longer available for purchase."

(shrug)

serious question:

Could the consignor strike a deal outside of CLink at this point and cancel the auctions? Has this been done before?

It's not as easy as eBay. Presumably the pages have already shipped to CLink, been scanned and listed (i.e. CLink has already put in work and have a vested interest). It's not just canceling on eBay because "items are no longer available for purchase."

(shrug)

Logistics aside, if there is this much interest in the pages....why would the consignor be motivated to strike a deal outside of Comiclink?

A bidding format seems like a ideal way to get the best possible price....when you have people knocking on your door to buy your stuff, it'd be foolish for the consignor to only accept one offer.

serious question:

(shrug)

Logistics aside, if there is this much interest in the pages....why would the consignor be motivated to strike a deal outside of Comiclink?

A bidding format seems like a ideal way to get the best possible price....when you have people knocking on your door to buy your stuff, it'd be foolish for the consignor to only accept one offer.

I was asking about any pages in general.

I'm not sure how much interest is in these particular pages. I know the OP likes them plenty, so that's one bidder. are there more (shrug)

Yeah I can't speak for anyone else but I would personally never pull something I had consigned. Just wouldn't be fair to the fine folks who invest time in handling your consignments 2c

The auctions in question ended three weeks ago.

Would still like to speak with the consignor.

Andrew

All it takes is 2 very interested bidders to drive an auction price up, betwwen yourself and the OP, seems like that base is well covered to me.

It comes down to not only what Bronty pointed out but all the more so, simple economics.

The more offers and attention that any given piece receives, the higher the sale price will be.

serious question:

(shrug)

I was asking about any pages in general.

I'm not sure how much interest is in these particular pages. I know the OP likes them plenty, so that's one bidder. are there more (shrug)

Yeah I can't speak for anyone else but I would personally never pull something I had consigned. Just wouldn't be fair to the fine folks who invest time in handling your consignments 2c

The auctions in question ended three weeks ago.

Would still like to speak with the consignor.

Andrew

:) All the best in the hunt, Andrew.

serious question:

(shrug)

So I have a copy of Comic Connect's consignment agreement sitting next to me. (I have an item in their December auction) You are agreeing that they are your sole, exclusive, representative to sell the item you consign from the date of the consignment and after that year you can terminate via written notice at which point CC sends the item back to you at their cost. My guess is if you tried to violate the agreement by saying "O hey I changed my mind, send the item back" and they found out you struck a deal outside them, they would sue you for 10% of the sale price to get their cut (and I would recommend, their legal fees etc)

serious question:

(shrug)

So I have a copy of Comic Connect's consignment agreement sitting next to me. (I have an item in their December auction) You are agreeing that they are your sole, exclusive, representative to sell the item you consign from the date of the consignment and after that year you can terminate via written notice at which point CC sends the item back to you at their cost. My guess is if you tried to violate the agreement by saying "O hey I changed my mind, send the item back" and they found out you struck a deal outside them, they would sue you for 10% of the sale price to get their cut (and I would recommend, their legal fees etc)

As a practical matter, the auction house is not going to sue for what would amount to $50 or $100. That said, unless you're a big time collector, you might kiss doing business when them again goodbye.

I read it the same way, the guy isn't trying to pull a fast one. The auctions have been over for weeks. He is asking "hey, guy who sold 'X' on that CC, Reach out to me, if you have more "x" you want to sell I'm interested".

They don't get sole and perpetual rights to all pieces the guy has going forward. They got a pile of "X". If the guy has more "X" and wants to sell directly to someone instead of consigning them, more power to him.

At least that's how i see it.