• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF#48 vs Hulk#2 vs HOS#92

41 posts in this topic

It is hard for me to recommend the FF 48 over a Hulk 2 given how many FF 48s are out there. I have owned 7 or 8 of them. yes, perhaps not a ton of 9.2s, but if you want to own the book it is easy.

Hulk #2. I really like Hulk 2-6 overall. Don't get me wrong, they aren't RARE, but they don't turn up with the same frequency of early FF, TTA, or even JIM from the same time period. As aforementioned, I think eventually people will come around to 2nd appearances, at least on some level.

First Green Hulk as well. That should count for something.

Personally I am a huge fan of the Surfer,but lets be honest here. HoS #92 is far and away the biggest key in high grade. So for my money HoS #92>F.F. #48> Hulk #2. (thumbs u

What???

You think first ST is bigger than first SS? No chance. (And I'm a huge ST fan and Moore sycophant!)

Surfer was the first Marvel SA cosmic hero. That FF 45-60 period WAS the Silver Age.

And I know you're a big SA guy. Surprised to hear it from you.

Personally I am a huge fan of the Surfer,but lets be honest here. HoS #92 is far and away the biggest key in high grade. So for my money HoS #92>F.F. #48> Hulk #2. (thumbs u

What???

You think first ST is bigger than first SS? No chance. (And I'm a huge ST fan and Moore sycophant!)

Surfer was the first Marvel SA cosmic hero. That FF 45-60 period WAS the Silver Age.

And I know you're a big SA guy. Surprised to hear it from you.

You missed the " high grade" part. You can find a hundred high grade F.F. 48's,but not many HoS 92's in the 9.2-9.6 area.

This thread is difficult without pricepoints and images....... a 6.5 Hulk 2 could be REAL nice at the right price. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't have images at the moment but I bought my FF 48 CGC 9.2 with white pages for $2,100. The HOS 92 CGC 9.2 with off-white to pages is for sale at $2,000 asking price, and Incredible Hulk 2 is an other company graded 6.5 with off-white to white pages was listed for $2,999 but apparently no longer for sale.

This thread is difficult without pricepoints and images....... a 6.5 Hulk 2 could be REAL nice at the right price. GOD BLESS...

I don't have images at the moment but I bought my FF 48 CGC 9.2 with white pages for $2,100. The HOS 92 CGC 9.2 with off-white to pages is for sale at $2,000 asking price, and Incredible Hulk 2 is an other company graded 6.5 with off-white to white pages was listed for $2,999 but apparently no longer for sale.

Hos #92 in 9.2, grab it!

Lump me into the HOS 92 group. Finding a perfectly centered copy in 9.2 or above is quite a task. FF 48 usually has the front to back miswrap, but there are plenty of nicely centered copies out there in hg.

$2,100 is too steep (IMO) for a 9.2 HOS 92.

Hos #92 in 9.2, grab it!

(thumbs u

In terms of possible growth in price you guys are picking HoS 92 over FF 48? At every con I've been at there are multiple people looking and asking for FF 48 in pretty much all grades. The HoS 92s seem like they sit and sit unless they are cheaply priced. Unless Swamp Thing gets pulled into some kind of movie/tv role that brings in new fans I can't see HoS 92 (even in high grade) quickly rising in price anytime soon.

I think Hulk 2 is a rarer book.

And considering that very few people can afford the Hulk 1, fans will turn to this books as the next best thing (It's also the first green hulk)

The fact you can get a 6.5 is a slam dunk.

2nd is FF 48 - there are so many out there and you can buy this any time (better chance to score a deal too)

distant 3rd - HoS 92 (I too prefer marvel books)

In terms of possible growth in price you guys are picking HoS 92 over FF 48? At every con I've been at there are multiple people looking and asking for FF 48 in pretty much all grades. The HoS 92s seem like they sit and sit unless they are cheaply priced. Unless Swamp Thing gets pulled into some kind of movie/tv role that brings in new fans I can't see HoS 92 (even in high grade) quickly rising in price anytime soon.

People looking for HoS #92 are looking for high grade examples,which just aren't out there. F.F.#48 is a great book,and the pinnacle of the F.F. run. There are just too many examples out there.