• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2015....Some truly nice SA comics up for sale!!

278 posts in this topic

There'll always be demand for AV4 but supply ( especially in the high grades ) seems to easily keep pace with demand. I dare even say surpass it.

It's most likely the earliest Avengers book readily available in high quality.

Heck, I wouldn't mind owning a copy ... at 10k or less. Eventually I will.

AV4 9.6 won't break 25k. There are 21 copies in 9.6. 5 years from now, when 20% of the 32 copies in 9.4 are pressed up, along with new copies to market that will surely come along it'll be a 15k book. A long ways from the 91k it sold for on ComicLink.

Good analysis. I think there are a lot of high-grade raw copies of Marvel keys from 1964 and later out there.

AV4 9.6 won't break 25k. There are 21 copies in 9.6. 5 years from now, when 20% of the 32 copies in 9.4 are pressed up, along with new copies to market that will surely come along it'll be a 15k book. A long ways from the 91k it sold for on ComicLink.

I'm still kind of amazed there are so many 9.6 and 9.8 copies of Avengers #4. I know it has a white cover and that helps. But so does X-Men #1 which was released just 6 months earlier. And the census numbers aren't even close. 5 9.6 or better X-Men #1 compared to 24 for Avengers #4. I know the print runs and sales could have a lot to do with it. Same with Cap's return. But it's still a huge number of high grade copies for a book from 1964.

JIM 83 was listed on HighGradeComics for several months at a BIN of 575k.

I'm guessing under 300k when it's over. Why would a highest certified copy of JIM 83 not be in a CGC slab in the first place ?

And yes, it is a soft 9.6 IMO after taking a look at the super sized scans.

+1. CGC is much stricter on their grades. It's like earning an A grade is harder from this teacher. ;) Anyways, I checked the few grader note's on this book " few spine stress barely breaks color", but I see spine stress lines that break colors. The right side front cover of the book has wear which CGC would hammer it down to at least a 9.4. I see better 9.6's in my days.

This so not true.

I have several examples but will share one.

TTA 35 CGC 9.2 goes to CBCS for a regrade....comes back CBCS 9.2

I'm just as vested in CGC as many of you but don't mislead people with this unsubstantiated claim.

Both companies have been shown to be soft of grading and other times very tough on grading.

I'm talking the JIM 83. Overall, I find CGC to be more stricter in grade and PQ on books. Yes, my opinion and what I have seen and experienced.

How's this a 1.5? CGC standards would be 1.0 the best.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CBCS-1-5-OW-Origin-1st-Appearance-of-Spider-Man-/331652403369?hash=item4d380610a9:g:9QMAAOSwAYtWHGhr

I agree that a remaindered copy should be .5...maybe 1.0 but even I don't think so.

It's weird CBCS would give that a 1.5.

TTA 35 CGC 9.2 goes to CBCS for a regrade....comes back CBCS 9.2

Great book to own Mark (thumbs u and in that grade :o:applause:

Oh, I wish it was mine. It's not but was a boardie...then it was sold and became a CBCS 9.2. Ballsy move trying to sub a solid 9.2 hoping for the 9.4 but the possibility of 9.0

This Amazing Spider-Man #14 CGC 9.8 is simply AMAZING!! Wonder at what price level it will close at?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-14-marvel-1964-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7152-91189.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

It should go north of $75K IMO

Last night ... another auction.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=47048

$18750 final hammer.