• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,455 posts in this topic

The "Donald Duck" series begins with issue 26. I have been trying to determine which books are considered to be Donald Duck 1-25 and I get conflicting information. I know that there are more than 25 Four Color books featuring Donald. And some say that a couple of the Large Feature comics featuring Donald are considered part of the series. The CGC Registry lists only 23 Four Color books as part of the Donald Duck series prior to DD 26 so they are obviously missing a couple.

I thought I knew the answer to this but realized that I either never knew or have forgotten.

Four color 318 is considered the first issue of Donald Duck in that numbering system so it is probably more complicated. What about Duck Albums and Gyro?

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Just picked this up locally today BUT I'm fairly sure it has some CT and maybe glue. Book has been in the owner's possession for 20 years. We worked out a deal in advance where I would have time to have someone look at it and can return for a full refund.

FC62.jpg

Does anyone recognize the A in the urfc?

I hope it comes back clean for you. That is a nice looking book.
Thanks. It's really hard for me to tell what's ct and what's the original inked fibers. I actually feel more confident about my guess on the glue. It's a really small line at the top of the spine that looks like it should be a tear but it's not and it's shiny, but only on the outside cover not inside. (shrug)

Good luck, transplant. That collection turned out to be hit or miss. I got a few fantastic books, but another collector I know got a couple that had CT. This must be pretty common for collections that were assembled back in the 70s and 80s. The seller was very nice and my honest feeling is that he was selling in good faith. I almost never buy anything of value raw but made a few exceptions in this case. I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll have the same good luck.

Here are some more books bought from the same seller last fall. Got MMM V5#6-11, though only #6 and #8 were upgrades to my run - the only improvements I've found in the last two years.

mmv57_0709.jpg

mmv59_0710.jpg

mmv510_0712.jpg

mmv511_0711.jpg

Here are some more books bought from the same seller last fall. Got MMM V5#6-11, though only #6 and #8 were upgrades to my run - the only improvements I've found in the last two years.

Given the quality of your Duck books, I can certainly believe it's hard to upgrade!!

(worship) (worship)

2967206747_87ea4afc87_o.gif

Dancing whales over Atlantis from Uncle Scrooge 5. I love the pie fight in this story and there is a moral for all collectors.

bb

So Uncle Scrooge has a valuable coin that he can't sell.

But like most comic fans, I wonder what happened to Uncle Scrooge's savings during the latest financial crisis.

bb

2978564029_666418ffc9_o.gif

I went into my LCS yesterday and saw a 4 Color #9 and #178 for sale!

(Sorry. I just had to tell somebody that cared. This stuff is lost on my wife.)

Where? Gives us the details. I need both.

Hey gang,

This is my first post to this thread apart from "oooh" and "aaaah".

I recently picked up two lots and two singles from Ebay, in an attempt to reconnect with my earliest comic book passions- Ducks. When I was six, seven, eight, (up to eleven) I used to love going to TG&Y or Murphy's Mart and pick up Whitman and Gold Key three packs. And of all the comics in the packs, my absolute favorites were always Duck books. Hands down. Then, at twelve, I got the superhero bug, and well, Duck books slipped into the background.

But, I still have all my childhood comics :banana:, and I've recently started picking up some of the oldies. So without further ado, here's my recent pick-ups. Sorry for the group shots, but I'm still working out how I'm going to scan my books.

Nate

P.S. I'm a Duck newb, so I covet all the free advice I can get. (data, not contents :) )