• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,468 posts in this topic

If you are a closet Disney collector, then you need to get a copy of this little digest that reprints FC 29, 256, 275 and 282. Some of the best barks for the buck. Yeah, I know they have been reprinted many times but it is nice to have them in digest form.

bb

2872521439_091c30f9f3_o.jpg

personally I dislike the digest form - small panels, muddy coloring...... give me a full size book any day. Not that it isnt a cool digest but I just dont care for the format

2874774597_91e986c955_b.jpg

You may like these reprints better. I like the new cover but I don't think it was Barks.

I have a couple of copies of the original Uncle Scrooge edition but they didn't feature the Yeti.

2874773811_afa6f57bc2_b.jpg

This is my original copy and the first time I got to read FC 29 and 386.

2875603014_6e9a8ffed0.jpg

2875603584_6ce2b44bd0.jpg

2874774339_f533317a35.jpg

I like the early Walt Disney Comic and Stories but I like the later editions around 200-250 too.

People liked to write their name on the covers.

Mr. Harris also stamped his name on coverless copies below 31. Other than that, the copies weren't too bad.

The infinity cover is nice to have. The story inside features Donald fighting a shark.

bb

Several new ducks (and a mouse or two) over the past few months. Some were to fill gaps and some were to get a little grade bump. The Mickey 4 Color was just to say I had one! HTF!

FC27.jpg

FC238.jpg

FC248.jpg

FC275.jpg

FC325.jpg

FC367.jpg

FC422.jpg

US30.jpg

US61.jpg

WDCS9.jpg

WDCS22.jpg

WDCS23.jpg

WDSC33.jpg

Edited by bergdoll

Several new ducks (and a mouse or two) over the past few months. Some were to fill gaps and some were to get a little grade bump. The Mickey 4 Color was just to say I had one! HTF!

WDCS9.jpg

WDCS22.jpg

WDCS23.jpg

I have a few coverless issues of WDCS and I think two of them are 10 and 23. What are the features in those comics. Do you have a Gingerman story (Candyland) or Donald Duck Sky Pilot in any of those issues. What does the first page look like?

bb

PS I always wanted a Seven Colored Terror issue but I have never made the plunge. I just picked up a remainder copy of FC189 with a different cover (Red Circle I think). I am surprised that there were any remainder copies of a Donald Duck book by Barks. They should have all sold out. I think it is the first real Uncle Scrooge story since issue 178 was not quite the same character as later stories.

bb

FC248.jpg

FC275.jpg

FC325.jpg

WDSC33.jpg

Excellent taste bergdoll. These are amongst my favorites of the run (worship)

Thanks!

I'll check the issues out and let you know about the stories. I'm at work and teaching a night class - so it'll have to wait until Wednesday night.

FC #189 is indeed the very first Uncle Scrooge and an excellent find. For some odd-ball reason, I have three of that issue (I keep finding better grade ones!).

I've never seen the "Red Circle" one though?! I'd love to see a post. It *may* be a Canadian edition. They exist for this time-period and might have the initials "CDL" on the cover somewhere. Although this might be a little early for the "CDL" notation.

What happened was that during WWII, there was an act to ban all non-essential imports into Canada and this included comics books. This created the birth of Canadian comic industry (which all but collapsed when the act was removed). I collect this era very seriously.

Several US companies engaged with Canadian companies to publish their material in Canada. Many times they were exactly the same books, just different distributors and very slight changes. This continued for years and you see some price variants and some cover modifications (not the art - just a small "CDL" or "Canadian" somewhere.

Some are extremely rare. Not the Disney material, but later EC books and some Timely books.

I have a few coverless issues of WDCS and I think two of them are 10 and 23. What are the features in those comics. Do you have a Gingerman story (Candyland) or Donald Duck Sky Pilot in any of those issues. What does the first page look like?

bb

PS I always wanted a Seven Colored Terror issue but I have never made the plunge. I just picked up a remainder copy of FC189 with a different cover (Red Circle I think). I am surprised that there were any remainder copies of a Donald Duck book by Barks. They should have all sold out. I think it is the first real Uncle Scrooge story since issue 178 was not quite the same character as later stories.

bb

Opps - forgot to ask - is the #10 a Vol 1 #10 or some other volume? I'm far from complete on my WDCS run - so we may need to enlist some others to assist here.

]

I like the early Walt Disney Comic and Stories but I like the later editions around 200-250 too.

Mr. Harris also stamped his name on coverless copies below 31. Other than that, the copies weren't too bad.

The infinity cover is nice to have. The story inside features Donald fighting a shark.

bb

I'll probably get laughed at by the "serious" collectors, but I really have to say I kinda like little Eddie Harris' signature at the top of this book. It doesn't detract from the book at all in my opinion and it adds a little "personality" to it.

Of course, I also prefer high-quality USED stamps over MINT stamps in my philatelic efforts as well. To me a used stamp is more "honest" somehow.

The idea that some 60+ years ago a little kid named Eddie was reading this comic makes it a far better collectible than one that was bought, lost on a shelf and never read....

Begin your laughing....

Edited by bergdoll

Nice Dynabrites!

The heavy stock covers makes for gorgeous copies with HORRIBLE spines! The covers and corners are super-sharp on many copies I've seen, but the spines are generally very bad.

These copies are a real find.

Nice Dynabrites!

The heavy stock covers makes for gorgeous copies with HORRIBLE spines! The covers and corners are super-sharp on many copies I've seen, but the spines are generally very bad.

These copies are a real find.

That Dynabrite was the first place I read Golden Helmet so I'm very fond of it. Cool books.

Thanks guys. Does anybody have some advice for me on how to price them? There is no GPA for these books because they are so scarce in grade. These three, and the 9.8 I previously posted, are all the top-census copy and the only book in grade.

DynabriteUncleScroogeClassics.jpg

]

bb

I'll probably get laughed at by the "serious" collectors, but I really have to say I kinda like little Eddie Harris' signature at the top of this book. It doesn't detract from the book at all in my opinion and it adds a little "personality" to it.

Of course, I also prefer high-quality USED stamps over MINT stamps in my philatelic efforts as well. To me a used stamp is more "honest" somehow.

The idea that some 60+ years ago a little kid named Eddie was reading this comic makes it a far better collectible than one that was bought, lost on a shelf and never read....

Begin your laughing....

I dont think there is anything to laugh at, I I think most collectors see this as you do a bit of personality to the comic. I think stuff like that is really cool, it is more than just condition of a comic, its history, nostalgia prsonality etc. Seeing a sig from a little kid who loved his comic adds to all that! Makes you wonder if that "little kid" is still around?

I wonder if there are storys around of old collectors being reunited with long lost books and it being verified in this way, by a signature????

]

bb

Begin your laughing....

I dont think there is anything to laugh at, I I think most collectors see this as you do a bit of personality to the comic. I think stuff like that is really cool, it is more than just condition of a comic, its history, nostalgia prsonality etc. Seeing a sig from a little kid who loved his comic adds to all that! Makes you wonder if that "little kid" is still around?

I wonder if there are storys around of old collectors being reunited with long lost books and it being verified in this way, by a signature????

I remember a Duck collecting buddy of mine telling me how he used to visit a neighbor to read her books when he was a kid. He remembered that she always wrote her names on her books. I'll bet he would love to have one of those old books in his collection now.