• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

I thought I'd finish off the Scrooge 1-71 pictures. That goes to the end of the Barks original run. OK, 67 is a reprint, but I got it with some others and it's a drop dead gorgeous copy, so I've left it in.

These lots are 41-50, 51-60, 61-71

group_41_50.jpg

group_51_60.jpg

group_61_71.jpg

I'm still looking for a VF or better #56 (which has the only long colour-breaking crease in the whole run), but otherwise I think I'm done with this series because I'm not really interested in collecting 72-209. (I have some of them, plus all of the Gladstone/Gemstone ones and I suspect I'm not missing anything with the Boom issues.)

I'm not sure what comes next - maybe the Walt Kelly covers WDC&S, or some more of these? hm

four_color_DD.jpg

I thought I'd finish off the Scrooge 1-71 pictures. That goes to the end of the Barks original run. OK, 67 is a reprint, but I got it with some others and it's a drop dead gorgeous copy, so I've left it in.

Great group of books! (worship)

Great group of books! (worship)

+1 :applause:

Scrooge, thanks.

I'm not really a "collector". I used to buy and read comics when I was a younger (12 - 29).

That was in the mid-70's thru about 1991/92 I think. I bought all Super Heroes stuff.

Got married in 84 and met my Wife's Grandma. She was one of these people who had

2 houses full of junk, saved everything, packed full (walking paths) of stuff.

But she had saved all my father-inlaws and uncle-inlaws comics.

She didn't let them read Super heroes, "to violent" 90% of some 2000 books are

westerns and cartoon characters. She had them all stored in open wooden crates.

I bought a bunch of comic boxes and at least got them out of the elements in the attic.

A few years later she tells me to take them since I like comics so much, I was still

buying and saving them at the time. She passed away and I end up with all her's and mine.

So as I said I stop collecting in the early 90's and they are all in my house until 3 years

ago I decide to go through and catalog everything. I figure it's time to get rid of them since I believe most of the westerns are going to loose lots of value as the younger

generation has no idea who these cowboys are (red ryder, dale evans, etc.)

I no longer collect them and no one else in the family is a collector.

So it took over 2 years of going through over 4400 comics.

I did end up with some real jem's, but many are in tough shape.

The comics range from the good, to bad, to ugly.

So here are a few more Ducks for you. Hope you like the background.

People always get a chuckle out of it.

Some of the older ones and of course more odd (super) ducks.

DaisyDuck.jpg

DonaldA.jpg

DonaldB.jpg

SuperDuck.jpg

group_41_50.jpg

group_51_60.jpg

group_61_71.jpg

Awesome. So many of those (in 70s reprint form) were a big part of my comic childhood. :cloud9:

I want to put together a reader run up to 71.

I'm not sure what comes next - maybe the Walt Kelly covers WDC&S, or some more of these? hm

Both. :sumo:

lol I hear and obey Jon. Watch this space - I landed a Kelly WDC&S on eBay today, but it will take a little while before it gets here. Suffice to say I am very pleased indeed...

Oh, and thanks everyone for your kind words. I love my Scrooge run - seven years in the making but a lot of fun.

Scrooge, thanks.

I'm not really a "collector". I used to buy and read comics when I was a younger (12 - 29).

That was in the mid-70's thru about 1991/92 I think. I bought all Super Heroes stuff.

Got married in 84 and met my Wife's Grandma. She was one of these people who had

2 houses full of junk, saved everything, packed full (walking paths) of stuff.

But she had saved all my father-inlaws and uncle-inlaws comics.

She didn't let them read Super heroes, "to violent" 90% of some 2000 books are

westerns and cartoon characters. She had them all stored in open wooden crates.

I bought a bunch of comic boxes and at least got them out of the elements in the attic.

A few years later she tells me to take them since I like comics so much, I was still

buying and saving them at the time. She passed away and I end up with all her's and mine.

So as I said I stop collecting in the early 90's and they are all in my house until 3 years

ago I decide to go through and catalog everything. I figure it's time to get rid of them since I believe most of the westerns are going to loose lots of value as the younger

generation has no idea who these cowboys are (red ryder, dale evans, etc.)

I no longer collect them and no one else in the family is a collector.

So it took over 2 years of going through over 4400 comics.

I did end up with some real jem's, but many are in tough shape.

The comics range from the good, to bad, to ugly.

So here are a few more Ducks for you. Hope you like the background.

People always get a chuckle out of it.

Some of the older ones and of course more odd (super) ducks.

DaisyDuck.jpg

DonaldA.jpg

DonaldB.jpg

SuperDuck.jpg

Thanks for the story Old Guy. I don't think anyone ever gave me 2,000 old comics but I did get a thousand comics from the 1990s that someone wanted to get rid of. Nice to read and still in mint condition.

My older brother's collection of Scrooge comics was torn to bits by his younger brother but I have replaced most of them with high grade and finished the collection I think. However, I occasionally find that I am missing one.

Love the Gyro stories. He was kind of a hero of mine. I don't think I have all of those issues and may be missing one or two. Still need a complete Four Color 282 and FC 147 as well as other four color Donald Duck issues.

bb

2874773811_afa6f57bc2_b.jpg

I bought this copy off the newstand back in the sixties. Mighty good reading.

Thanks for the story. It's always fun to go through tons of books (even if it is to catalog them).

What's the mix of books in there? I know you mention no SH but lots of Western and Funny Animals? Now, your problem is to figure how to sell those :eek:

Thanks for the story. It's always fun to go through tons of books (even if it is to catalog them).

What's the mix of books in there? I know you mention no SH but lots of Western and Funny Animals? Now, your problem is to figure how to sell those :eek:

Ghost Rider comics are very collectable. I think early Fawcett Gene Autry comics sell pretty well. Early Marvel westerns seem to move.

There are many Dell westerns and they don't all move well. I bet even Roy Rogers is slow.

Some of us like Straight Arrow and Durango but most people just want the Frazetta covers.

I like westerns (and I am old too) but a lot of younger people don't.

2144689313_9a7d135cf6.jpg

I have two copies of this book. This one has a pretty nice dust cover.

Ghost Rider comics are very collectable. I think early Fawcett Gene Autry comics sell pretty well. Early Marvel westerns seem to move.

There are many Dell westerns and they don't all move well. I bet even Roy Rogers is slow.

Some of us like Straight Arrow and Durango but most people just want the Frazetta covers.

Don't get me wrong. I like Westerns too. Have been considering going for the Straight Arrow run ... but we shouldn't talk about this in the Duck thread.

Don't get me wrong. I like Westerns too. Have been considering going for the Straight Arrow run ... but we shouldn't talk about this in the Duck thread.

The Powerll Straight Arrows are good reading!

No Fawcett Gene Autry, only Dell. No Ghost Rider either. I do have lots of Fawcett Hopalong Cassidy, 3 Straight Arrow and 1 Durango Kid. Maybe we should start a Golden Age Western thread?

But yes back to the ducks. I do love the Disney stuff. I'm a big Disney fan.

This is about one of the best ducks I have. Hope you like it.

Front

Scrooge7Front.jpg

and Back

Scrooge7back.jpg