• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

Diamond had a special party for coin collectors when the ANA was meeting in Baltimore, which featured a display of 1913 Liberty Head nickels, to encourage comic collecting by coin collectors. They had a package of several gifts for attendees, one of which was a CGC graded copy of Donald Duck Adventures Maharajah Donald. I didn't attend but received one of the gift packages and it was very impressive. Naturally there were lots of Uncle Scrooge items in the package.

Months after buying them, I finally got these in hand. Very pleased with how they present for their mid grades. They're both tight to the staple(s) too.

wdcamps_049_zpse973e3da.jpg

wdcamps_047_zps18e0f980.jpg

This week on ebay Australia there's an absolute duck grail of mine coming up... :wishluck: (No one else here will care. lol )

Months after buying them, I finally got these in hand. Very pleased with how they present for their mid grades. They're both tight to the staple(s) too.

wdcamps_049_zpse973e3da.jpg

wdcamps_047_zps18e0f980.jpg

This week on ebay Australia there's an absolute duck grail of mine coming up... :wishluck: (No one else here will care. lol )

Very nice! Hitting the floor in San Diego tomorrow; it is usually light on ducks but every now and then a surprise awaits.

Nice books Andrew, great pick ups, blah blah blah lol

This grail of yours interests me though. How can I help? :devil:

PM sent lol

Earlier this year I picked up a few WDCS from Mr. Bedrock that walked in his store from an original owner collection. Those books were so nice that when I spotted some of the Mickey Four Colors from that collection at SDCC yesterday I knew I had to reunite at least one of those with its duck buddies.

Here's what I picked up!

139535.jpg.0739b5c09968cc4e7b1d187cdd88f15c.jpg

Earlier this year I picked up a few WDCS from Mr. Bedrock that walked in his store from an original owner collection. Those books were so nice that when I spotted some of the Mickey Four Colors from that collection at SDCC yesterday I knew I had to reunite at least one of those with its duck buddies.

Here's what I picked up!

Fantastic. A key issue! :applause:

Here's what I picked up!

Fantastic. A key issue! :applause:

Ouch! One of the nice things about this group is the brilliance of the cover colors. I will try to scan the ducks this coming weekend time permitting.

This might be a tough question, but is there an idea of FMV for a copy of Four Color 29 that's bound? One's up for sale. I generally prefer the unbound copy and all that, but am drawn to this one. It's just the single issue bound. I have no idea what would be a good price to pay. FMV might be more than I'd want to go on it. Thoughts?

This might be a tough question, but is there an idea of FMV for a copy of Four Color 29 that's bound? One's up for sale. I generally prefer the unbound copy and all that, but am drawn to this one. It's just the single issue bound. I have no idea what would be a good price to pay. FMV might be more than I'd want to go on it. Thoughts?

I saw that too but the pictures kind of bug me because they are all partials. Anyway, might be an interesting way to get into this book for a low price. I don't know FMV but I wouldn't want to drop more than $300. and probably less.

Yeah, I contacted him about it and while the response basically answered my question it wasn't very expansive. It's a cool book and I'd probably pay the price right now, but agree that it'll wind up going higher and I don't think I'm up for that. Still... not going to find that book for cheap.

Yeah, I contacted him about it and while the response basically answered my question it wasn't very expansive. It's a cool book and I'd probably pay the price right now, but agree that it'll wind up going higher and I don't think I'm up for that. Still... not going to find that book for cheap.

None of these are pricey compared to any Captain America or All Select comics and are easier to find than Mystic or Daring.

8788236908_052744b807_z.jpg

Very true, it's all relative. Some of our budgets are smaller than others though. Just not sure I want a bound copy. It's very cool and all that, but I'd probably still feel like I didn't have the comic.

Very true, it's all relative. Some of our budgets are smaller than others though. Just not sure I want a bound copy. It's very cool and all that, but I'd probably still feel like I didn't have the comic.

When I was twelve-fourteen I built up a collection of duck four colors out of the Buyer's Guide and at the New York Shows for probably $5 or less apiece. I still have most of them but have upgraded all of them over the years. In retrospect it was a great way to get into collecting vintage Barks.

You could consider this the same way and upgrade later when your budget allows; while the book is currently bound it certainly started life as the genuine article!!

None of these are pricey compared to any Captain America or All Select comics and are easier to find than Mystic or Daring.

I really want a Four Color 29. I used to have a gorgeous copy that I sold to Fat Jack's Comicrypt in the Summer of '89(to purchase Batman comics, of course). The copy I had was so nice that I wonder if it was a pedigree.

I really want a Four Color 29. I used to have a gorgeous copy that I sold to Fat Jack's Comicrypt in the Summer of '89(to purchase Batman comics, of course). The copy I had was so nice that I wonder if it was a pedigree.

:cry: That just has to hurt!! This post is why I never sell books; and if I do I always seem to regret it!!

That may have worked out for you. The prices of Four Colors were high compared to the Batman comics. Since then the price of Batman comics has gone out of sight.

Was that the Comicrypt near City Line? I used to visit the bagel shop near there after buying my comics. They had terrific bagels and I enjoyed eating them and reading my comics from Fat Jack's. Never met Jack though. Did he exist? :headbang: