• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

thumbsup2.gif! Glad you like the 256 too, its one of my favorite adventures!

Mine too! Thanks for posting it, it's one of the Four Color Ducks we haven't seen posted here yet. In fact, there's a bunch of Four Color Duck issues that still haven't been posted here. Let's see 'em if you got 'em!

WDCS is a great line to collect. Never go out of style and they can be as tough or as easy as you want it to be. The #1 is a true key that will always impress and the single digits are tough as beans to even find. There are just enough minor keys like issue 22 31 88 98 134 140 so the guide looks interesting. Never fun to see the Richie Rich titles that have nothing to them for 200+ issues. Great stopping points if you don't want the whole line. 140 is an easy end point or 100 or 31 or just collect the Barks covers etc etc. Up until about 1950 the covers by Barks and Kelly are some of the best cartoon covers there are.

Plus with millions produced they are the type of books that older non comic folks may even remember owning.

Just a fun line with collectors in Europe out numbering collectors in America.

Ed

Here's a book that I was pretty excited to pick up: the first Firestone

giveaway from 1943 (thanks to "thebigloo") in the nicest shape I've ever

seen. It's all about the interior in this case: the story is reprinted

from WDC&S 32 and was only Barks' 2nd 10 pager. Just really fun to think

that this happened in the months when Barks was just starting out as a

comic book artist. Today, there would probably be tens of thousands of

Duck stories to pick from if anyone wanted to print one, but back then

there were only two that would have fit the format.

This book is just so incredibly hard to find in nice shape...

fstone43.jpg

fstone43_int.jpg

Unreal Firestone.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I have a lead on high grade Donald Duck MOC, Firestone, and Kite books.from a collector who bought these in the 60's. I'll no more Sunday, wish me luck.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I have a lead on high grade Donald Duck MOC, Firestone, and Kite books.from a collector who bought these in the 60's. I'll no more Sunday, wish me luck.

Cool! If it doesn't work out for you, there are some sweet Duck MOCs that will be on Heritage in November (you can check them out in the previews now).

ft88 - Yeah, its a very versatile run to collect. I have decided to focus on WDCS#1-150, and the 1st 15 Uncle Scrooges. I'll take it from there I guess. Thats still a huge pile of books, but I am usually happy with nice paged GD to VG books. If I can afford nicer ones when they come up , I do. The Europen fan base is startling. Its a good thing they exist in the numbers they do, or it would all be cost prohibitive!

This thread is a real gem for me. I am mainly a bronze collector - mostly Spider-Man and X-Men - so I have never ventured into the gold forum before. But I love Ducks, especially Uncle Scrooge, so when I stumbled across this thread the other day, I got to catch up on over a year's worth of amazing posts all in one sitting.

And I felt like I had to contribute. My collection is modest but it has a few goodies courtesy of tth. Our paths crossed right when I first decided to put together a Scrooge run and Tim has been a great help in getting me started. I really owe him a debt of thanks and I am fortunate that I hooked up with him before he sold all his Duck books!

589a8e0f6a6d1_1439158-1439047-Uncle_Scrooge_66_CGC_95B25D.jpg.6946bf7c7d30523b7f91a6e710cc8986.jpg