• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I meant I don't think the variant will be the one to chase because they aren't on the cover. It will appreciate as well, but not like the regular will.

No idea what book you are talking about. See above.

Speaking of JLA, the whole run by Morrison/Waid could break out. It was a once hot commodity and cooled. Now there are pockets of stuff heating up occasionally like the Tower of Babel run

JLA 43-46 $30 + shipping

JLA 43-46 $25 + shipping

and even in 9.0 the set sold for $15. Nothing amazing but no longer are they quarter bin fodder either. There are several quality stories in the run including the JLA vs Prometheus, JLA vs the White Martians, and Rock of ages to name a few. While you can still find almost all of these cheap, there is occasional movement and this is a 20 year old series. 2c

Edited by the authority

3 hours ago, the authority said:

Speaking of JLA, the whole run by Morrison/Waid could break out. It was a once hot commodity and cooled. Now there are pockets of stuff heating up occasionally like the Tower of Babel run

JLA 43-46 $30 + shipping

JLA 43-46 $25 + shipping

and even in 9.0 the set sold for $15. Nothing amazing but no longer are they quarter bin fodder either. There are several quality stories in the run including the JLA vs Prometheus, JLA vs the White Martians, and Rock of ages to name a few. While you can still find almost all of these cheap, there is occasional movement and this is a 20 year old series. 2c

Thanks for that. I had no idea as I know I have these out in the garage in my $1 stock. Something else to add to the list when box diving!

6 hours ago, the authority said:

JLA 43-46 $30 + shipping

JLA 43-46 $25 + shipping

I don't get it. Of course the runs by Morrison and Waid were great, but when was the last time that really mattered to back issue prices?

Tower of Babel even had a (very loose) animated adaptation. But that was years ago, so it isn't getting a bump from that.

6 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I don't get it. Of course the runs by Morrison and Waid were great, but when was the last time that really mattered to back issue prices?

Tower of Babel even had a (very loose) animated adaptation. But that was years ago, so it isn't getting a bump from that.

Those issues are stil available on CCL for under $2 each, but MCS has them bumped up to $5-8 each. Perhaps more casual fans see that and think $20 is a bargain. Also, that JLA run is a fairly popular (i.e. easy/cheap) set to put together and it could be from people needing it to finish the run.

21 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

You make a great point. Great stories used to be valued more than they are today and that probably has to do with access than anything else. TPB and digital have definitely made it easier to be a reader.

18 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

So it's a hold for the right person then

Personally if I had a nice copy Id prolly try get Gerard to sign & slab. That would make such an item more desirable to both comic collectors and his music fans hence moving it up the niche bracket

31 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Personally if I had a nice copy Id prolly try get Gerard to sign & slab. That would make such an item more desirable to both comic collectors and his music fans hence moving it up the niche bracket

He is going to be a con soon. Im sending a bunch of books for him. I missed him last year at LA Comic Con.

Edited by kevhtx

Any spec on the Marvel Lenticular books coming in a few months???  I was never suckered in to the DC offerings really, but some of the throwback covers are looking pretty neat.  I am debating ordering a few copies of the covers I like.  Are any of you currently reading Marvel stuff excited for these storylines or what??