• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the end of the beginning

23 posts in this topic

When one run in a collection ends, a new one begins.

As I await the arrival on Friday of the last issue of a quest that began six year ago to share here with a scan, please post the hardest issue in your run to obtain.

Still working on a Dell War Comics / War Stories run. I have 7 of the 8 issues, but it's been 3+ years and I still can't find this one (image courtesy of furycomics site) . I guess the thrill is in the hunt, so maybe one day...!

0.jpg

I collect a lot of fairly short run esoteric books. I know of at least a dozen that I am only missing one issue to complete. In many cases these are so obscure and worth so little a lot of dealers wouldn't bother listing them. I've been looking for Starlet O'Hara #2 for over 10 years. One popped up on the bay recently and went for over 15 times guide. I bid 10 times guide thinking it was "in the bag" and lost it! I can't post 'em till I get them. It would be easier (a lot more money of course) to complete a run of Superman.

Still working on a Dell War Comics / War Stories run. I have 7 of the 8 issues, but it's been 3+ years and I still can't find this one (image courtesy of furycomics site) . I guess the thrill is in the hunt, so maybe one day...!

0.jpg

I found it and it is on it'way will post it when it arrives!

and it is cherry on top of it

0.jpg

Well, that was quick!! (thumbs u

0.jpg

shocked_zpsr9eb6ln3.jpg

Seriously?! It was that easy?! I'm at a loss for words... Congrats on the find. Not sure if the intent is to keep or flip it, but I'm all in if/when you do! Amazing!

Lemmie get this straight... Comicjack found a copy and it's going to Crochntr to complete his run? If so, this is indeed a wonderful place!

Anybody got a Starlet O'Hara #2???

Anybody got a Starlet O'Hara #2???

Hey Robot you never know strange finds been happening lately!

Hardest book to obtain in my Planet Comics run:

PlanetComics15cgc15_zpsdf32b738.jpg

every copy I ever found for sale had brittle pages until I saw this one.

followed closely by:

PlanetComics2front_zpsffd05a1c.jpg

Planet 2's seem to be expensive. I saw several for sale but they always went for a lot.

Planet 15 is the toughest according to others I've spoken to. Planet 2 makes it's rounds periodically.

Many would disagree, but my experience has been that Daring 5 is the toughest issue in the Daring Mystery Run. I used to think the 2 was hard but quite a few have popped up over the years. The most common issue of that run must be the 7 followed closely by Daring 6. The Marvel Boy 6 used to be scarce but I've seen many in the last few years. In terms of Mystics, the 6 & 7 seem the toughest.

DARING%205%20CGC_zpslwvqz6bc.jpg