• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas list

36 posts in this topic

With the Holidays upon us and the annual back and forth of "what do you wants?" from friends and family, I was curious what some of our "Christmas list" might look like. Thought this could be fun and who knows maybe another boardie might be able to give us a source to help us acquire our must have items. :wishluck: Avoiding the obvious Action 1 ,Tec 27 etc., etc..

My list:

Hyper Mystery comics 1

All New Comics 2

Amazing Man 9

Catman 16

Even better question. How to explain to wife how to get GA comics, what ones to buy, what to look for, who to trust. I am just starting in GA so specifics issues are not needed.

Planet Comics

Wings Comics

Tales from the Crypt

Fiction house stuff in general.

Basically, I like GGA, some bondage art (yeah how to tell wife that without sounding really bad), and beyond that is gets hard to explain.

Even better question. How to explain to wife how to get GA comics, what ones to buy, what to look for, who to trust. I am just starting in GA so specifics issues are not needed.

Planet Comics

Wings Comics

Tales from the Crypt

Basically, I like GGA, some bondage art (yeah how to tell wife that without sounding really bad), and beyond that is gets hard to explain.

I feel you on this. A couple years ago I just stuck post it flags on each page in my Gerber journals and wrote the item numbers from each issue on that I wanted off that page. Now whenever she ask what I want, I just point to the journals and say "anyone will do." :grin:

Love having a wife that is supportive of my obsession.

Great idea!

My list, just off the top of my head:

Wonder Comics 1 & 2

This Magazine is Haunted 16

Zip Comics 32

Silver Streak Comics 14

I'd like just the guts to a Wonder Comics 2...but somehow I don't think 2016 is going to be my year or 2017, 18, 19....ha ha

IMG_8388_zpstkhelbmk.jpg

STUNTMAN #3

mm

....didn't see this one, but did see a Boy Explorers 2 at the VAComicon this past weekend....... sweet shape, under 2K, and from a collector who got it straight from the Harvey warehouse :cloud9: ....... nice. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Planet Comics

Wings Comics

Tales from the Crypt

My wife is way beyond that. She tells people that her husband collects comics and really likes the ones "with a chick tied to a wheel" She's a keeper!

Here's a suggestion. Find a dozen or so on the bay that interest you. Tell her what they should go for and send her the links. Don't watch any of them and see what happens. I've done that and always been pleasently surprised.

You just can't go to Walmart and get a present like that!

STUNTMAN #3

mm

....didn't see this one, but did see a Boy Explorers 2 at the VAComicon this past weekend....... sweet shape, under 2K, and from a collector who got it straight from the Harvey warehouse :cloud9: ....... nice. GOD BLESS....

Blizzard (Adam Anderson, the "dentists" son) on ebay has the most Harvey files copies in the business. He might be able to hook you up Marty...

Planet Comics

Wings Comics

Tales from the Crypt

My wife is way beyond that. She tells people that her husband collects comics and really likes the ones "with a chick tied to a wheel" She's a keeper!

Here's a suggestion. Find a dozen or so on the bay that interest you. Tell her what they should go for and send her the links. Don't watch any of them and see what happens. I've done that and always been pleasently surprised.

I was thinking of giving her a quick lesson about what the grade means, what CGC is, and then just basic eye appeal. In my mind, I would prefer a 4 that has great color and pop, over a technically better but washed out 6. Then give her a basic list, but some leeway within titles that seem to have a lot that I like. I have also seen a few dealer that seem to offer a lot with a range of prices that may be a good starting place. Her going on eBay is not something she has much experience with. I think she has purchased like 2 things herself and they were on my account, and buy now not bids.

C'mon Santa :wishluck:

Across the Seas in a War Torn World (EC promo)

Church that was Built with Bread, The (EC promo)

Dandy Comics 2

Dandy Comics 6

Haunt of Fear 8

KO Punch (EC promo)

Out of the Past a Clue to the Future (EC promo)

Tales of Terror Annual 2

Two-Fisted Tales Annual 1

Two-Fisted Tales Annual 2

War Against Crime 4

Wonders of Wire Rope (EC promo)

Planet Comics

Wings Comics

Tales from the Crypt

I was thinking of giving her a quick lesson about what the grade means, what CGC is, and then just basic eye appeal. In my mind, I would prefer a 4 that has great color and pop, over a technically better but washed out 6. Then give her a basic list, but some leeway within titles that seem to have a lot that I like. I have also seen a few dealer that seem to offer a lot with a range of prices that may be a good starting place. Her going on eBay is not something she has much experience with. I think she has purchased like 2 things herself and they were on my account, and buy now not bids.

Oh, yeah, how long will it take for her to get that "glazed" look in her eyes. I could wave an Action #1 in front of my wife's eyes and she would just say "very nice dear". How about going on a dealer like Bedrock's, or Jim Payette or any dealer you'd trust's website, picking out a few books you like with a fixed price and let her surprise you.

STUNTMAN #3

mm

For some reason the BE 2 is much more common than the Stuntman 3. Maybe there were more subscribers to BE, so more copies were mailed out. Given that S&K are kind of on the outs these days, now would probably be a good time to try to track a copy down. Very, very tough book, though.