• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you read Action 1?

29 posts in this topic

I have read it several times by now. in at least one or two of the reprints as well as again when I got the Action Archives.

Including duplicates I have close to 40 of those as well as 10 or so of the Marvel and EC type editions I love reading the stories in those books that would cost in the millions if i were ever able to own them.

And yes I think I would have it restored and whatever treatment done to conserve it so that it did not deterioate anymore

Cool thread, but isnt that a reprint of Action 1?

The tell tale signs on the cover say so.

Artboy99

Yep, it's a reprint. It looks like the one someone was trying to sell on Ebay 4 years ago.

Is the presumption that it was purposefully mangled and beat up to make it look original?

Cool thread, but isnt that a reprint of Action 1?

The tell tale signs on the cover say so.

Artboy99

Yep, it's a reprint. It looks like the one someone was trying to sell on Ebay 4 years ago.

Is the presumption that it was purposefully mangled and beat up to make it look original?

If it is the same book, the seller told me he bought it at a local auction (a non-comic book auction) and he said he was told "It was a valuable comic book" He pulled the auction upon receiving the information that it was a reprint.

Darren

You're all right....no glare on the fender and other signs its a fake.....It just looked real and i got into reading it and assumed it to be an original foreheadslap.gif

Specifically, that's the "Famous First Edition" reprint from the mid-70s.

But don't let it sour your appreciation of the story/art. It's still an exact reprint (except for size and cover variaitions) of the Holy Grail of comic books!

You're all right....no glare on the fender and other signs its a fake.....It just looked real and i got into reading it and assumed it to be an original foreheadslap.gif

Specifically, that's the "Famous First Edition" reprint from the mid-70s.

But don't let it sour your appreciation of the story/art. It's still an exact reprint (except for size and cover variaitions) of the Holy Grail of comic books!

AH! I did not know any of that. Thanks.

And speaking of Action 1, take a look at this puzzle up on ebay! I really love the Superman merchandise from the '39/'40 era...if budget permitted I could easily make the leap to collecting this stuff. Never seen this one before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35752&item=6517213536&rd=1

I thought it was interesting that is was b/w for some stories and color for some others. I hadn't run across any other old comics that did that. Was that a common thing for those really earlier comics?