• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Action #23 - Gd - Restored - (Matt Nelson work)

18 posts in this topic

Hey folks. Here's an interesting one. Don't usually do a write up, but we're skirting GA mega-key here sooooooo...I bought this one from Matt Nelson over a decade ago and I'm not likely to own one again. Extremely rare Action #23 - I'm sure you guys know the merits and historical significance of this GA key - first appearance of Lex Luthor, first mention of the Daily Planet, first inkling of kryptonite harming Supes. It's a big issue and this one is special for a couple of reasons. First off, it's complete and affordable. THIS IS A MARRIED COPY, so it's not going to come back conserved, despite the complete lack of cosmetic restoration. Matt graded it "Good" after finishing the work.

Currently, Comic-connect has a CBCS graded COVER - a .1 slabbed COVER ONLY, for sale for $900. There are only 20+ issues in the GPA and an affordable lower grade copy with restoration hasn't come for sale since 2012 - there's just not that many of these out there. A 2.5(MP) sold for $700 - in 2010!

Now...this is a great book for anyone in the market for a GA key. A) the work on the book was done by the estimable Matt Nelson and is fully documented for your viewing B) it's really not all that much work - Matt sealed the spine split and gave it a dry press. NO cleaning, NO color touch, NO piece replacement(obviously). As is noted: "support to bottom staple first wrap, and both staple areas on centerfold. NO OTHER RESTORATION" C) the cover colors are AMAZING on this copy. Extremely fresh and bright. The interior pages are supple off white and the book feels bouncy and incredibly stable in your palm D) it's not slabbed. Yes, you can even read it. I have. It's awesome. E) if you wanted to have COSMETIC restoration performed, and slabbed, you could look at this as an investment. A 5.5(MP) sold for over 3g's in 2014. Anyway, take a look. It's a great buy. You will not be disappointed. Feel free to PM me at any time. Thanks so much for looking! $900

image_zpsukoktpvr.jpeg

image_zpsywvyavwz.jpeg

image_zpsb5qjczmu.jpeg

image_zpsjtzep7ca.jpeg