• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd appearance appreciation thread
1 1

132 posts in this topic

What an awesome cover!

Very outside the norm for 1962, or at least that I've seen.

The outrageous cover art for the first two Dr. Solar issues is by the late Richard Powers, more commonly recognized for his cover paintings used on books. He's a member of the Science Fiction Hall of Fame: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_M._Powers

2nd Streaky the Supercat.

AC266_zpsmvfev0px.jpg

Still looking for a 2nd Krypto (or 1st, or 3rd...or really any of his first dozen appearances)...although it does appear that this issue is Krypto's 2nd appearance in Action Comics, so I guess that's my consolation prize.

2nd Phantom Zone!

SB89_zpstz5g5wgj.jpg

The first appearance of the phantom zone gave us General Zod, while the second gave us Mon-El. I guess it never clicked before how long Mon-El has been around. For some reason my brain wants to put him as a late 60's creation, and not early 60's.

Hulk2.jpg

Great cover! Smash those evil Toad Men I say!

:headbang:

The Toad Men would of course return less than a generation later to menace Bucky O'Hare and his heroic crew.

Easter08.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat