• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So after 5 months of sadness after the loss of my sister and niece

14 posts in this topic

Just want to thanks everyone who showed kindness and sent their best wishes my way after my sister, her fiancé, the unborn nephew and niece were killed by a drunk driver in a fiery crash. It's been hard waking up everyday to the sadness and the emptiness I have been feeling the last 5 months. I do appreciate all the people who brought me some happiness in this dark time and to let the people who messaged me, know that I got the messages and appreciated them, but I do apologize if I hadn't answered back as my mind hasn't really been with me for some time. With that said I am trying to take each day one day at a time. I know the sorrow will forever be with me until my own end, but I am trying my best to honor my sister and niece and have been playing claw machines and donating all the plush I have won to a children's hospital near me. I am debating on selling my loose coverless amazing fantasy 15 to help keep my mind satisfied with the good I am doing and hoping each kid who gets one of the dolls I win, a huge smile on their face. If I do part with my coverless amazing fantasy 15, what's the best reissue of amazing fantasy 15 to own in terms of future potential value, awesome cover art, and overall collectability?

Just want to thanks everyone who showed kindness and sent their best wishes my way after my sister, her fiancé, the unborn nephew and niece were killed by a drunk driver in a fiery crash. It's been hard waking up everyday to the sadness and the emptiness I have been feeling the last 5 months. I do appreciate all the people who brought me some happiness in this dark time and to let the people who messaged me, know that I got the messages and appreciated them, but I do apologize if I hadn't answered back as my mind hasn't really been with me for some time. With that said I am trying to take each day one day at a time. I know the sorrow will forever be with me until my own end, but I am trying my best to honor my sister and niece and have been playing claw machines and donating all the plush I have won to a children's hospital near me. I am debating on selling my loose coverless amazing fantasy 15 to help keep my mind satisfied with the good I am doing and hoping each kid who gets one of the dolls I win, a huge smile on their face. If I do part with my coverless amazing fantasy 15, what's the best reissue of amazing fantasy 15 to own in terms of future potential value, awesome cover art, and overall collectability?

I don't have an answer for the question you asked. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help you with this topic.

Are you wanting to know what grade of Amazing fantasy 15 to purchase in the future for potential value?

It's good to see you posting on the boards again and getting out to give to children. :foryou:

I don't have an answer for the question you asked. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help you with this topic.

Are you wanting to know what grade of Amazing fantasy 15 to purchase in the future for potential value?

It's good to see you posting on the boards again and getting out to give to children. :foryou:

I think he's just wondering what the best reprint is of AF 15. I don't know, but I bet someone here can help.

My best wishes to you, a truly heartbreaking situation. Stay strong, but know that you don't always have to either.

I would suggest you keep your AF15; you do not need to sell all your good stuff in order to give back to the community...spend some time with those kids and you will get the same smile as if you bought something. By all means use your assets as you feel is best, but you can make a difference without the need to liquidate your stuff. Become a Big Brother to someone...visit the local burn unit for children. learn to juggle or play a guitar so you can entertain those sick kids, etc. Yuo'll run out of AF15s well before you exhaust your desire and good will.

I would suggest you keep your AF15; you do not need to sell all your good stuff in order to give back to the community...spend some time with those kids and you will get the same smile as if you bought something. By all means use your assets as you feel is best, but you can make a difference without the need to liquidate your stuff. Become a Big Brother to someone...visit the local burn unit for children. learn to juggle or play a guitar so you can entertain those sick kids, etc. Yuo'll run out of AF15s well before you exhaust your desire and good will.

This.

Spending time with people that are lonely is going to help way more than a few thousand bucks spread out over too many folks. Volunteer at a hospital, visit nursing homes, anything like that. You'd be surprised how much good a sincere person with a smile can do.

When my daughter was in elementary school, I used to run the school fundraising fairs (carnivals) best place I ever found...much cheaper than claw machines, was this place. You can get a whole bunch of stuffed animals and not have to sell your book...for probably less than the machines cost you for one..

http://www.orientaltrading.com/toys-games-and-novelties/novelty-toys/plush-toys-a1-550218.fltr

For the machines in my neighborhood, this is where they used to buy the stuffed animals wholesale.

And volunteering, that's the best advice ever, you sound like a nice person, some child will be very lucky to have you spending time with them as a big brother, or volunteer reader or whatever you chose.

Ps the way those claw machines work is every 12th time the claw engages and you can pick something up.

It can be set to different odds but usually it's 1/12