• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Books that are coming out that look interesting

120 posts in this topic

The Fix #1

If you haven't picked up a copy do so immediately ...you won't be disappointed.

I'm not falling for that again. Just when I start to dig Madder Red he'll cancel the book on me.

+1

Anyone else pick this up , it was a fun read

Rough Riders #1

Aftershock Comics: April 6, 2016 Writer: Adam Glass Art: Pat Oliffe Cover: Pat Olliffe

Cover Price: $1.99 UPC: 66257827200700111 Diamond ID: FEB161044 GCIN: 953145

Led by a young Theodore Roosevelt, a motley crew of soon-to-be American legends must work together to solve a mystery that threatens all of existence. Harry Houdini - street magician and master of misdirection. Annie Oakley - a washed-up entertainer, eager for a chance to prove herself in a real war. Jack Johnson - an undefeated brawler and the son of ex-slaves, determined to get his shot at the heavyweight championship? When a terrifying alien technology destroys the USS Maine, these unlikely allies set sail for bloody Cuba, into the heart of a brewing conflict, to wage a shadow war against the greatest threat mankind has ever known. Before they were famous, they were? ROUGH RIDERS.

2eefytl.jpg

1:10 Brian Stelfreeze Cover

29cx6wo.jpg

Not a good deal. Sorry to hear that but I hope the book is a good read because I ordered it too.

Another book that just looks super to me is the new Remender/Opena book. I don't see ANY spec value because it won't sneak up on anyone at this point. That being said, Remender is a writer and the Opena art is some of the coolest I've seen from him. The coloring is top notch too. This seems like a no brainer for quality potential.

Preview on BC

Not a good deal. Sorry to hear that but I hope the book is a good read because I ordered it too.

Another book that just looks super to me is the new Remender/Opena book. I don't see ANY spec value because it won't sneak up on anyone at this point. That being said, Remender is a writer and the Opena art is some of the coolest I've seen from him. The coloring is top notch too. This seems like a no brainer for quality potential.

Preview on BC

Yeah, no way this sneaks up on anyone, can't wait to read it.

The problem with Rough Riders is they messed up on the book at the printers and it is pried as $3.99. My local comic shop charged me $3.99 even though they new it was solicited as $1.99

I had the same problem... Someone at Aftershock messed up.

The book was solid, though... I'm torn on whether to keep going, or just trade wait.

The problem with Rough Riders is they messed up on the book at the printers and it is pried as $3.99. My local comic shop charged me $3.99 even though they new it was solicited as $1.99

The book was solid, though... I'm torn on whether to keep going, or just trade wait.

It was a good read but short on pages as it was supposed to be a $1.99 book. Black Eyed Kids is also going to have the same problem. Diamond sent out a notice to retailers as well as a "shelf talker" to say the books are $1.99. However they also said "do as you like with them". Most shops are going to go the $3.99 route to try to profit off less sales than hook readers on a new series.

It was a good read but short on pages as it was supposed to be a $1.99 book. Black Eyed Kids is also going to have the same problem. Diamond sent out a notice to retailers as well as a "shelf talker" to say the books are $1.99. However they also said "do as you like with them". Most shops are going to go the $3.99 route to try to profit off less sales than hook readers on a new series.

Exactly my thought when I read it. I would have liked to see them get through more than one of the team joining. Are we going to see 4 more books of enlisting the riders before they get to the story? Hope not

Dept H #1

Dark Horse: April 20, 2016 Writer: Matt Kindt Art: Matt Kindt Cover: Matt Kindt

Cover Price: $3.99 UPC: 76156829978600111 Diamond ID: FEB160017 GCIN: 952669

From New York Times best-selling MIND MGMT creator Matt Kindt comes an exciting new undersea sci-fi mystery. Mia is a special investigator hired to uncover possible sabotage taking place at a deep-sea research station. What she finds is a mind-blowing crime scene filled with suspects with terrible secrets, strange deep-sea creatures, and an impending flood!

2uf7c6a.jpg

Lemire Variant

v3174x.jpg

Joyride #1

Boom! Studios: April 20, 2016 Writer: Jackson Lanzing Art: Marcus To Cover: Marcus To

Cover Price: $3.99 UPC: 84428400529600111 Diamond ID: FEB161214 GCIN: 952951

What's to Love: After working together on Hacktivist and Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials original graphic novel, the writing duo of Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly (Batman and Robin Eternal) join forces once again with artist Marcus To (New Warriors, The Flash: Season Zero) for their first creator-owned series that takes readers to the stars in this space epic with a punk-rock attitude, perfect for fans of Young Avengers and Runaways. What It Is: In the future, Earth sucks. The stars have been blocked out for so long that people have forgotten there was anything else besides the dumb World Government Alliance watching over them, training children to join the militarized Allied Youth and eliminating all resistance with a giant ray gun. Uma Akkolyte is a girl who shoots first and leaps before she looks, and when she gets a strange message from outside the barricades of SafeSky, she jacks a spaceship and punches through the stratosphere with an unlikely crew of teens who are totally not ready for what they're about to find.

1581grk.jpg

Cover B Nimit Malavia)

2jcyofk.jpg

(Cover C Tula Lotay)

nnnn1v.jpg

Black Eyed Kids #1

Aftershock Comics: April 20, 2016 Writer: Joe Pruett Art: Szymon Kudranski Cover: Francesco Francavilla

Cover Price: $1.99 UPC: 66257827199400111 Diamond ID: FEB161048 GCIN: 952747

It's dark. You're alone. Then there's a knock. You open the door to find two seemingly normal kids. They ask to come in, to borrow your phone to call for a ride. You find yourself overcome with an intense fear that you can't explain. And then you notice their eyes... black... SOLID black. You want to run, but now they're inside. It's too late. They have you. Eisner Award winner Joe Pruett (X-Men Unlimited, Cable) is joined by artist Szymon Kudranski (Spawn, Penguin: Pain and Prejudice) for this terrifying new horror series.

izaxe1.jpg

Michael Gaydos Variant

y1lyh.jpg

Black Mask Comics

Store Date

April 20, 2016

Cover Price

$3.99

Writer

Matthew Rosenberg

Artist

Tyler Boss

Cover Artist

Tyler Boss

Issue Notes

A fun(ish) crime caper about children! Eleven-year-old Paige and her weirdo friends have a problem: a gang of ex-cons need her dad's help on a heist... the problem is those ex-cons are . If Paige wants to keep her dad out of trouble, she's going to have to pull off the heist herself. Like Wes Anderson remaking Reservoir Dogs, 4KWIAB is a very dark & moderately humorous story about friendship, growing up, D & D, puking, skinheads, grand larceny, and family.

6nrsb9.jpg

Fourth Planet #1

Chapterhouse Comics: April 20, 2016 Writer: Fred Kennedy Art: Mikko Maciaszek Cover: Mikko Maciaszek

Cover Price: $3.99 UPC: 62845125907700111 Diamond ID: FEB161321 GCIN: 952703

The Fourth Planet is the brand new series from Chapterhouse Comics that The Examiner called 'evocative and truly cosmic.' The quarterly, written by Fred Kennedy and brilliantly illustrated by Miko Maciaszek, sets the stage where a stolen warship loaded with runaway human slaves crashes onto a planet with three warring races, the most advanced of which has only just begun using gunpowder weaponry. Vastly outnumbered, will the humans become the very thing they were running away from? The warship Lightstorm has crashed on an alien planet. Even though its occupants seek only survival, they become unwillingly entangled within the constant warring of the planet's native species.

xpphfo.jpg

Dark Souls #1

Titan Comics: April 20, 2016 Writer: George Mann Art: Alan Quar Cover: Game Art Cover

Cover Price: $3.99 UPC: 07447068303200111 Diamond ID: FEB161792 GCIN: 953160

Welcome to the world of Dark Souls; a landscape bathed in arcane fantasy, where primordial forces govern the tides of time, bonfires flicker in the darkness, and the undead stalk the earth in search of impossible redemption. From Titan Comics and Doctor Who scribe George Mann comes this original tale of adventure and visceral horror that throws readers deep into the twisted myth of Namco-Bandai's award-winning video-game franchise.

1zwhmkz.jpg

(Cover B Concept Art)

1zcebd2.jpg

(Cover C Cassara)

2qupvrs.jpg

(Cover D Tbd)

2hqdkpc.jpg

cover E blank

znspbm.jpg

also seeing this? AOD COLLECTABLES EXCLUSIVE VARIANT LIMITED 1 OF 500 MYERS COVER

2qkksk5.jpg