• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

What is so sacred about GPA? I'd much rather see a worthy cause get desperately needed money than worry about if someone is manipulating GPA.

Seriously, you make it seem like this guy is robbing old ladies or betraying a fiduciary obligation.

If GPA is so easy to manipulate, then it is GPA that is broken, not the system.

CAK has made it possible for WWP to get donations totaling at least $650. Possibly $1100. Maybe $1750. For this, he is taking a lot of shots. I'm sure everyone here has been just as generous. That's great.

At the end of the day, CAK is a comic dealer. Not a non-profit, not a social worker. If he can make some money while helping a worthy cause, why begrudge him that?

It's Christmas. Be nice to people.

If you were truly interested in a worthy cause then you would just donate. Helping a scammer in the name of a charity is silliness. I'll add $200 to the pot if we just donate to the cause and have no dealings with CAK.

This is a well-stated point. Bravo

Your Confirmation Information

12/21/2015 12:15:31 PM

Wounded Warrior Project®

We want to thank you for your generous donation to Wounded Warrior Project. Your gift will help injured warriors continue the long healing process and provide assistance to their caregivers and families. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of your calendar.

Click to Find Out if Your Company Matches Gifts

Federal employees can sign-up for employee giving through the Combined Federal Campaign. The WWP CFC number is 11425.

Thank you again for your gift. This is a summary of the information you provided.

Your Information:

Name: William Ryan

Address: 336 Beebe Rd

Mineola, New York 11501

Email: billryan115@yahoo.com

Phone:

Contribution Summary:

Payment Amount: $550.00

Reference ID: 30104114

The full amount of your gift is tax-deductible under the Internal Revenue Code since Wounded Warrior Project Inc., a nonprofit organization under Section 501©(3), did not provide goods or services of value to you in consideration of your contribution.

Contact Information:

Please call 855.GIVE.WWP (855.448.3997), if you have any questions or concerns.

Does that suffice?

Wounded Warrior Project®

We want to thank you for your generous donation to Wounded Warrior Project. Your gift will help injured warriors continue the long healing process and provide assistance to their caregivers and families. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of your calendar.

Federal employees can sign-up for employee giving through the Combined Federal Campaign. The WWP CFC number is 11425.

Thank you again for your gift. This is a summary of the information you provided.

Your Information:

Address: 336 Beebe Rd

Mineola, New York 11501

Phone:

Contribution Summary:

Reference ID: 30104114

The full amount of your gift is tax-deductible under the Internal Revenue Code since Wounded Warrior Project Inc., a nonprofit organization under Section 501©(3), did not provide goods or services of value to you in consideration of your contribution.

Contact Information:

Does that suffice?

:golfclap:

Wounded Warrior Project®

Your Information:

Phone:

Contribution Summary:

Contact Information:

Does that suffice?

Honestly Bill, your word alone should have sufficed. You probably MIGHT want to remove the Reference ID and your address.

If you and KPR want me to sell the book to the original bidder in order for the total of $1750 donation to the WWP, I will do that.

GPA recording aside, I personally would rather see one of you 2 guys get the book, because you guys deserve it.....way more than a guy who won it off eBay below cheaply because I ran a 3 day auction that ended on a Wednasday afternoon in late December.

I work my off to get books like this so it's a kick in the nuts to sell a book like this to an eBayer who took advantage of a 3 day auction.To Hell with GPA recording that lousy $256 with a 10% WWP donation, that is not my only beef with selling the book so cheaply.

I'd rather not make any money off this book at all, and give it to charity, if that will raise $1750 for the WWP.

Oh puh-leese!

:eyeroll:

Exactly HOW did a buyer "take advantage" of a 3-day auction that YOU set up and that YOU set the opening bid on????

Oh poor, poor you - you got "taken advantage of" while you were trying to manipulate the GPA, profit off the sympathy for wounded veterans and reneg on a completed sale all so that you can pump up the prices on the rest of your sinking stock.

Pathetic.

The guy "took advantage" of a poorly timed 3 day auction, which was a poor idea on my part.Everyone on here knows that selling books on ebay via auction usualluy results in subpar prices being realized, instead of listing via BIN.

Especially a 3 day auction, that ended on the middle of a Wednasday afternoon on December 16th.

Who's dumb idea was that?

The comic market is historically poor for sellers from December til March/April.

Who's dumb idea was it to list it from December till March/April?

People don't have extra money for comics b/c of the holidays and the market doesn't pick up for sellers intil tax refunds are issued in 3 months.

Who's dumb idea was to have an auction then?

I am now offering the book up in return for collectively raising $1750 for the WWP.

The original auction, which closed at $256, included a 10% donation to the WWP.

With the help of Shadroch and KPR, $1750 is being raised.

Keep your negative comments to yourself, pal.

You sir are a winner!

Next you will try and blame in on eBay for letting you run an auction.

Maybe its WWP fault for not promoting the auction.

This thread should be re-titled, "How to blow up your entire potential board customer base in one easy thread"

^^

^^^^

_0043_Roast-chicken-recipe_16_1.1.93_326X580.Jpeg

Those carrots look good!

This thread should be re-titled, "How to blow up your entire potential board customer base in one easy thread"

^^

^^^^

_0043_Roast-chicken-recipe_16_1.1.93_326X580.Jpeg

Those carrots look good!

I just ate & that whole plate looks awesome.

I honestly cannot care less how this plays out, as long as a collective $1750 donation is made to the Wounded Warrior Project.

I do not care if GPA records the original sale or if they record a relisting offered to the original buyer at $256.

I do not care about any of the particulars, in the face of a collective $1750.

I will sell the book however KPR and Shadroch want me to, to make this happen.

To reinterate:

will sell this book, under any outlines that KPR and Shadroch want me to.

The original buyer can have it at his original bid.

KPR or Shadroch can have it at $256 or $550.

Or the 3 day auction winner can have it at $256 and I will restructure the relisting as a 100% donation to the WWP, not a 10% donation.

KPR or Shadroch can get the book, which is obviously what I prefer as they are more deserving of the book than some cat who bought it on the cheap,

They can buy the book through eBay or I will ship it to them.

No money being sent to me.

100% of the collective $1750 will be sent directly the WWP.

Again, to REINTERATE for second time:

KPR and Shadroch are the ones I am letting decide the structure of this deal.I simply want one of them to receive the book.

On or off of eBay, is their choice.

Or the original buyer can take the book, at the original closing bid or $256.

In which case I will unblock the original winning bidder and tell him he can have the currently listed book for his $256 top bid.The original transaction was caneled so if the original buyer is the one who is going to get the book, that is the only way this could be done.

Or Shadroch/KPR can buy the book for $256 via eBay if they message me there and I can send them an offer of $256.And GPA can record that sale.

Or they can buy it on eBay for $550 and GPA can record that sale.

Or they can donate $550 directly to the WWP ( as long as the collective $1750 donation to the WWP is made)

As long as $1750 is being raised for the WWP, through the sale of this book, I am more than happy to set this up anyway that the two of them want to do this.

GPA can relect or not reflect the sales, I do not care.

The importance of raising $1750 for the WWP, far outweighs all of this, to me.

Wait a minute. Now you are changing the rules AFTER I made the donation.

You owe me the book, KPR makes $1,000 donation to them and with your previous SS book, that equals $1650.

But he reinterated.

:popcorn:

If you and KPR want me to sell the book to the original bidder in order for the total of $1750 donation to the WWP, I will do that.

GPA recording aside, I personally would rather see one of you 2 guys get the book, because you guys deserve it.....way more than a guy who won it off eBay below cheaply because I ran a 3 day auction that ended on a Wednasday afternoon in late December.

I work my off to get books like this so it's a kick in the nuts to sell a book like this to an eBayer who took advantage of a 3 day auction.To Hell with GPA recording that lousy $256 with a 10% WWP donation, that is not my only beef with selling the book so cheaply.

I'd rather not make any money off this book at all, and give it to charity, if that will raise $1750 for the WWP.

Oh puh-leese!

:eyeroll:

Exactly HOW did a buyer "take advantage" of a 3-day auction that YOU set up and that YOU set the opening bid on????

Oh poor, poor you - you got "taken advantage of" while you were trying to manipulate the GPA, profit off the sympathy for wounded veterans and reneg on a completed sale all so that you can pump up the prices on the rest of your sinking stock.

Pathetic.

The guy "took advantage" of a poorly timed 3 day auction, which was a poor idea on my part.Everyone on here knows that selling books on ebay via auction usualluy results in subpar prices being realized, instead of listing via BIN.

Especially a 3 day auction, that ended on the middle of a Wednasday afternoon on December 16th.

Who's dumb idea was that?

The comic market is historically poor for sellers from December til March/April.

Who's dumb idea was it to list it from December till March/April?

People don't have extra money for comics b/c of the holidays and the market doesn't pick up for sellers intil tax refunds are issued in 3 months.

Who's dumb idea was to have an auction then?

I am now offering the book up in return for collectively raising $1750 for the WWP.

The original auction, which closed at $256, included a 10% donation to the WWP.

With the help of Shadroch and KPR, $1750 is being raised.

Keep your negative comments to yourself, pal.

You sir are a winner!

Next you will try and blame in on eBay for letting you run an auction.

Maybe its WWP fault for not promoting the auction.

Stop it with the derogatory comments, already.

The idea of running a poorly timed 3 day auction was mine, I am not suggesting otherwise.

More backhanded commentary from the peanut gallery.

This thread is now raising a collective $1750 for the Wounded Warrior Project, through my donation of this book in tandem with Shadroch and KPR's collective efforts.

Shadroch and KPR have my gratitude and respect.

Wait a minute. Now you are changing the rules AFTER I made the donation.

You owe me the book, KPR makes $1,000 donation to them and with your previous SS book, that equals $1650.

would have been tough to predict that he couldn't properly complete the transaction.

I genuinely hope this resolves well, the donation to WWP is very generous.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm