• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

Yeah but.... what's in it for CAK!??

How's he gonna be able to profit off the sympathy for Wounded Warriors Project that way?

There are war-profiteers, and then there's Wounded-Warrior-profiteers.

Apparently as long as there's wounded veterans in need, there's money to be made by folks like CAK.

He revealed his true, low-class intentions all the way through this sordid thread.

:facepalm:

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

It's your $$ of course, so you should do what you want and/or believe is right.As for your word, I believe everyone here thinks you should evaluate what you do based on the facts that have come out. But certainly can stick to your original offer, which doesn't attempt to manipulate GPA values.

But I might suggest that if you are interested in supporting the Wounded Warriors project this holiday season that you consider this: Donate $200 directly to Wounded Warriors. This $200 represents the value over and above the comic you'd be getting. Then, if CAK manages to sell the book to someone on eBay for $550, the Wounded Warriors project will have netted donations of $750. And you haven't been a participant in an attempt to influence market value of the book in question. Market values which are otherwise heading down across all grades. Not up. The only 90 day arrow pointing up on GPA for Suicide Squad 1 (1987) is the sale CAK had for $100 (9.0) that was also a Wounded Warrior 100% sale.

Should decide to donate directly to Wounded Warriors and skip purchasing the book, let us know or message me directly - and I'll make a $100 donation myself.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

That's incredibly generous of both of you. :applause:

+1

As moving as the offers are, remember this potential transaction involves trusting CAK.

Personally I think it's best everyone walks away from this book and gives to the WWP without the stigma of this attempted manipulation.

No matter how this is done, on GPA or off GPA it will be used for financial gain by CAK on the remaining books he owns in some way.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. America is a Capitalist society.Do you hate Capitalism? Do you hate America?

A new offer. Accept KPRs offer. Sell the book to the original guy at the original price, KPR donates $1000 to WWP and I'll commit to buying $600 from you off eBay. That way everyone wins.

While I truly admire you and KPR for stepping up like this, isn't this essentially "rewarding" CAK for this whole nonsense?

What is so sacred about GPA? I'd much rather see a worthy cause get desperately needed money than worry about if someone is manipulating GPA.

Seriously, you make it seem like this guy is robbing old ladies or betraying a fiduciary obligation.

If GPA is so easy to manipulate, then it is GPA that is broken, not the system.

CAK has made it possible for WWP to get donations totaling at least $650. Possibly $1100. Maybe $1750. For this, he is taking a lot of shots. I'm sure everyone here has been just as generous. That's great.

At the end of the day, CAK is a comic dealer. Not a non-profit, not a social worker. If he can make some money while helping a worthy cause, why begrudge him that?

It's Christmas. Be nice to people.

What is so sacred about GPA? I'd much rather see a worthy cause get desperately needed money than worry about if someone is manipulating GPA.

Seriously, you make it seem like this guy is robbing old ladies or betraying a fiduciary obligation.

CAK has made it possible for WWP to get donations totaling at least $650. Possibly $1100. Maybe $1750. For this, he is taking a lot of shots. I'm sure everyone here has been just as generous. That's great.

At the end of the day, CAK is a comic dealer. Not a non-profit, not a social worker. If he can make some money while helping a worthy cause, why begrudge him that?

I value GPA and I'm sure others also value the honesty GPA represents to the market as I do. I know certain books tend to get manipulated but that doesn't mean the system is broken, it means a few individuals are broken.

I am 100% in favor of the WWP getting as many donations as possible and hope this thread has brought an increased awareness to that need. Yet all of these funds can easily be donated directly to the WWP. Nobody needs this ploy of manipulation to take place for the WWP to receive funds.

Just because you perceive flaws in the GPA system doesn't mean we should willingly turn a blind eye to market manipulation.

He's not taking shots because he's trying to make donations. The donations are the smoke screen meant to obscure that he canceled a sale on a pretext, because it set a GPA low for a book that he's sitting on a big ole pile of currently.

Notice how we're all talking about that now, instead of the shenanigans cancelling the sale.

When the puzzle pieces of the pretext were assembled he came up with the "charitable offer" to donate 100% of an all time GPA high value for that book, but only if it's bought on Ebay which, coincidentally, would be reported to GPA....the same GPA he was so concerned with that he used the aforementioned pretext to cancel an arm's length sale at a low number.

A more cynical man than I would see him trying to sell a $230 book for $550 in a fashion that benefits himself to the tune of several times the "donation" he's currently making as a means to personal profit and not something to be lauded.

Why would anyone want to help this strategy succeed, in any way?

If the only way someone can make money, and stay in business, is by attempting to artificially inflate the value of books they hold...while using a pretext to invalidate low $ sales and involve a charity to leverage a price no one is currently willing to pay for the book without said charitable angle, perhaps they should look for a new line of work.

Just because you perceive flaws in the GPA system doesn't mean we should willingly turn a blind eye to market manipulation.

I agree. This was clearly an attempt to manipulate the market. The charity business was simply a smokescreen behind which the manipulator was hiding.

:preach:

That's incredibly generous of both of you. :applause:

+1

As moving as the offers are, remember this potential transaction involves trusting CAK.

Personally I think it's best everyone walks away from this book and gives to the WWP without the stigma of this attempted manipulation.

No matter how this is done, on GPA or off GPA it will be used for financial gain by CAK on the remaining books he owns in some way.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. America is a Capitalist society.Do you hate Capitalism? Do you hate America?

A new offer. Accept KPRs offer. Sell the book to the original guy at the original price, KPR donates $1000 to WWP and I'll commit to buying $600 from you off eBay. That way everyone wins.

So America supports lying and fraud to make a buck? hm

That's an interesting twist on capitalism.

If you were truly interested in a worthy cause then you would just donate. Helping a scammer in the name of a charity is silliness. I'll add $200 to the pot if we just donate to the cause and have no dealings with CAK.

I agree. This was clearly an attempt to manipulate the market. The charity business was simply a smokescreen behind which the manipulator was hiding.

:preach:

Just an FYI - there were multiple arrests and incarcerations for manipulating the market when eBay 1st started. This is nothing more than shilling in the name of a charity.

Thank you for your insightful postings, which are free of long winded ad hominem personal attacks I'll note, which I appreciate.

Moreso, I appreciate your kind and generous offer, which raises much more money than I otherwise could have done, alone.

I will accept the offer which nets the Wounded Warrior Project the most money, which is $1750.

I will pull the book from eBay and ship the book to you tomorrow, in return for your direct donation to the Wounded Warrior Project.

To make the terms clear, I ask that yourself and KPR respond here in agreement, and after KPR and yourself respond , agreeing that a total donation of $1750 will be given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Of course I appreciate your offer of buying other books off me for $600 but that is not a requirement , if $1750 is raised for this charity.Do not feel obligated to buy $600 worth of books from me, your help is raising $1750 for an honorable charity by far outweighs any other sale of my personal CGC books, nor do I care that this transaction will not be recorded on GPA.In the face of raising $1750 for this charity, that is completely trivial.

In response to those who have posted that GPA is heading downwards on this book (Tony Starks pointed this out in my Facebook post, as well), it is a temporary drop.This is what always happens, after books see a surge in demand after a first trailer.Preacher #1 is a good example.

When the second trailer for the book is put out, the prices on CGC 9.8's will increase again.Last I heard DC is going to make 5 Suicide Squad movies, as well.

Considering that my 9.8 is also a news stand copy, it is worth a premium over direct market cgc 9.8's.Look for another cgc 9.8 news stand and you won't find one, in any of eBay's completed listings.

That said, I would have simply hit relist on this book at $550 every 7 days intil it sold on eBay with 100% donated to the Wounded Warrior Project...... and based on what I have said, I am confident it would have sold.

But like I said, what you laid out nets a total donation of $1750, so that is a no brainer.

If you and KPR want me to sell the book to the original bidder in order for the total of $1750 donation to the WWP, I will do that.

GPA recording aside, I personally would rather see one of you 2 guys get the book, because you guys deserve it.....way more than a guy who won it off eBay below cheaply because I ran a 3 day auction that ended on a Wednasday afternoon in late December.

I work my off to get books like this so it's a kick in the nuts to sell a book like this to an eBayer who took advantage of a 3 day auction.To Hell with GPA recording that lousy $256 with a 10% WWP donation, that is not my only beef with selling the book so cheaply.

I'd rather not make any money off this book at all, and give it to charity, if that will raise $1750 for the WWP.

If you and KPR want me to sell the book to the original bidder in order for the total of $1750 donation to the WWP, I will do that.

GPA recording aside, I personally would rather see one of you 2 guys get the book, because you guys deserve it.....way more than a guy who won it off eBay below cheaply because I ran a 3 day auction that ended on a Wednasday afternoon in late December.

I work my off to get books like this so it's a kick in the nuts to sell a book like this to an eBayer who took advantage of a 3 day auction.To Hell with GPA recording that lousy $256 with a 10% WWP donation, that is not my only beef with selling the book so cheaply.

I'd rather not make any money off this book at all, and give it to charity, if that will raise $1750 for the WWP.

Oh puh-leese!

:eyeroll:

Exactly HOW did a buyer "take advantage" of a 3-day auction that YOU set up and that YOU set the opening bid on????

Oh poor, poor you - you got "taken advantage of" while you were trying to manipulate the GPA, profit off the sympathy for wounded veterans and reneg on a completed sale all so that you can pump up the prices on the rest of your sinking stock.

Pathetic.

lol

lol

lollol

Couldn't this thread just have said "Had an ebay sale canceled, don't want it to go on GPA, how do I make sure that happens? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air."

Couldn't this thread just have said "Had an ebay sale canceled, don't want it to go on GPA, how do I make sure that happens? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air."

Sure it could.

And people could run their first sales thread following the rules....or maybe their 20th....or maybe ANY of their sales threads.

Sometimes things are too hard all the time.

Oh puh-leese!

:eyeroll:

Exactly HOW did a buyer "take advantage" of a 3-day auction that YOU set up and that YOU set the opening bid on????

Oh poor, poor you - you got "taken advantage of" while you were trying to manipulate the GPA, profit off the sympathy for wounded veterans and reneg on a completed sale all so that you can pump up the prices on the rest of your sinking stock.

Pathetic.

The guy "took advantage" of a poorly timed 3 day auction, which was a poor idea on my part.Everyone on here knows that selling books on ebay via auction usualluy results in subpar prices being realized, instead of listing via BIN.

Especially a 3 day auction, that ended on the middle of a Wednasday afternoon on December 16th.

The comic market is historically poor for sellers from December til March/April.

People don't have extra money for comics b/c of the holidays and the market doesn't pick up for sellers intil tax refunds are issued in 3 months.

I am now offering the book up in return for collectively raising $1750 for the WWP.

The original auction, which closed at $256, included a 10% donation to the WWP.

With the help of Shadroch and KPR, $1750 is being raised.

Keep your negative comments to yourself, pal.