• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No wonder everyone's all stuck up in here

32 posts in this topic

What a silly article. And how would "geek" translate in other languages BTW?

American journalists are so self-centered! lol

And on a side note, of course we have been influenced by japanese fandom as far as cosplay and other things that are not – strictly speaking – related to comics. But we’ve played our part as well in this downslide…

Maybe all you geeks got beat up because of your narcissism! Don't blame the bullies you cocky bastards! Constantly taking your science projects and high grades and shoving it in their faces causing them to lash out because of some unfulfilled need and or a way of venting anger from their own unfulfilling home or social life! Shame on you all!

And mainstream geek? lol! Maybe in the media. I meet so many girls who think the majority of this stuff is childish and stupid. And I'm a nurse. So I meet A LOT of girls. It only seems more accepted because of the current movie culture. It has no actual affect on the way people perceive others who are immersed in the "geek" culture.

This article is bullish!t.

Bob Fredericks(writer of the article) - reallly??

“...obscure media like Japanese animation, science fictions (sic) and video games”

Obscure?

adjective - not discovered or known about; uncertain.

Verb- keep from being seen; conceal.

The New York Post needs to get to this century

to everyone

calling "obscure media" japanese animation, video games and science fiction movies, simply kills any credibility the journalist could have before writting this "article" (which it isn't one).

just a waste of good paper... and don't get me started on the narcissism stuff.

regards

ps- is the guy paied up to write this stuff or did he paied up to get his stuff printed?!

A silly article, that apparently does not understand the definition of "obscure". But let's face it, there is a stereotype of fanboys, geeks, passionate collectors, whatever the nomenclature may be, of being an entitled and whinny lot. Especially on online forums, where no no new film (with the exception of Episode VII) or comic is ever good enough. There is also the example of the Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons.