• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

No one can Reverse trimming. You can replace paper , leaf cast new/replacement paper etc. but you can't untrim a book

Turn it into Marvel Chipping than you never no. (worship) The Force is strong with you Obi-Wan Kenobi lol

Oh I completely agree you can't actually untrim a comic that has been trimmed.

Hi pal :foryou: Matt and Emma say different...

Well hello everybody! I am Emily Meyers, and Matthew Meyers is with me - husband and wife team of restoration company IGB - Investment Grade Books out of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Whenever possible we reverse previously trimmed books.

It is unkind of you to dispute them. Let's be professional and not disparage their work (thumbs u

Well hello everybody! I am Emily Meyers, and Matthew Meyers is with me - husband and wife team of restoration company IGB - Investment Grade Books out of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

It is unkind of you to dispute them. Let's be professional and not disparage their work (thumbs u

Richard lets not slip back when such amazing bridges have been built by yourself ;-) lol

Richard lets not slip back when such amazing bridges have been built by yourself ;-) lol

I agree. I'm renewed, refreshed, and ready to talk in a friendly and fun manner!

Once a comicbook is trimmed it will always be trimmed. You can add paper, you can leafcast, you can buff edges, you can do whatever you want to mask the cut off parts, but the original paper is still trimmed off and will always be gone. There is no way to reverse trimming. And just because a grading company doesn't label, misses, or can't see it doesn't change the fact that it is trimmed.

Oh Spoon there goes my breathmints! :taptaptap:

I agree. I'm renewed, refreshed, and ready to talk in a friendly and fun manner!

Once a comicbook is trimmed it will always be trimmed. You can add paper, you can leafcast, you can buff edges, you can do whatever you want to mask the cut off parts, but the original paper is still trimmed off and will always be gone. There is no way to reverse trimming. And just because a grading company doesn't label, misses, or can't see it doesn't change the fact that it is trimmed.

You won't hear any arguments from me on this. Upto the grading companies how they go about this but scientifically there is no way this can be done

..... there is one way to reverse trimming...... resubmit a book that was never trimmed in the first place (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

matterus023's convincing posts have swayed my opinion! Yes! It's true!

I now realize that I love Matt and Emily's brilliant new cutting edge restoration techniques and I want to learn more about them. I'm a dealer after all, and I want to get in on this tremendous money making opportunity. I can now see the future, and the future is IGB CORP!

Matt and Emily,

Could you please explain in more detail some of the exciting new processes you employ? In particular I would love to know more about removing trimming. That you guys are able to achieve this is simply amazing and I think we all would like to understand it better. Is this done with leaf-casting, or do you simply buff out the trimmed area so there is no longer a flat edge to indicate that trimming took place? However you hide it, the results are incredible.

I am also very curious about these fixatives and color coatings you use post-color touch up. Is it simply methyl cellulose or is there some other mystery component that allows this coating to create such a sheen that all of the underlying defects are hidden by the gloss? Again, the results you achieve with this process are astounding and I imagine most hobbyists would love to hear more about them.

Once again, congratulations on your success, welcome to the boards, and keep up the good work!

Your new pal,

Richard Evans

You know this is a "game changer".....

so treading lightly .....smart...

Forget this... where is your end of the year market summation ? Strange as it is, I actually look forward to it when I lurk here in "gold"

matterus023's convincing posts have swayed my opinion! Yes! It's true!

I now realize that I love Matt and Emily's brilliant new cutting edge restoration techniques and I want to learn more about them. I'm a dealer after all, and I want to get in on this tremendous money making opportunity. I can now see the future, and the future is IGB CORP!

Matt and Emily,

Could you please explain in more detail some of the exciting new processes you employ? In particular I would love to know more about removing trimming. That you guys are able to achieve this is simply amazing and I think we all would like to understand it better. Is this done with leaf-casting, or do you simply buff out the trimmed area so there is no longer a flat edge to indicate that trimming took place? However you hide it, the results are incredible.

I am also very curious about these fixatives and color coatings you use post-color touch up. Is it simply methyl cellulose or is there some other mystery component that allows this coating to create such a sheen that all of the underlying defects are hidden by the gloss? Again, the results you achieve with this process are astounding and I imagine most hobbyists would love to hear more about them.

Once again, congratulations on your success, welcome to the boards, and keep up the good work!

Your new pal,

Richard Evans

You know this is a "game changer".....

so treading lightly .....smart...

Forget this... where is your end of the year market summation ? Strange as it is, I actually look forward to it when I lurk here in "gold"

Yeah! Mannup, Mitch, mannup! :sumo:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=4084

B and C has nothing to do with whether or not they can be graded. In fact it means they have been graded.

Again, from my reading, CGC did receive and appraise some of their books, but igb did not like the results so they decided to pull them from CGC and send them to the more accommodating CBCS which obviously gave them the labels they wanted. All of this occurred while CGC was deciding whether or not to stop accepting submissions from them with that kind of work altogether which was ultimately rendered moot when igb started giving everything to Voldy anyway.

-J.

This is stil shocking me.

''but igb did not like the results so they decided to pull them from CGC and send them to the more accommodating CBCS which obviously gave them the labels they wanted''

If you can show me where igb put that they did not like the results then I will stay permanantly quiet. How people feel so free to put statements on here which are guess work at best like others reading are thick is still as I put ...... shocking me.

It's shocking to me that any of this would be shocking to you. I remember my first chat board...

I remember your first post.

I can't remember his first username?? lol

read em. Followed by slab em. Or something like that. ;)

Position D - I like company A so I'll blatantly slander their company, practices and methodology at every opportunity and express other people's views (even if incorrectly) in such a way that furthers my cause, regardless of the consequences

All I'm saying is that position D is highly inappropriate. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think that Jay was taking position D as you are saying.

Jaydogrules consistently takes position D and then tries to make it look like he isn't.

This may be why CGC has declined to grade some of these books. That is, if they have declined to grade them. I'm not sure the point has been nailed down.

It reads to me like there was never such a decision made.

A decision was going to be made whether to stop taking books that exhibited questionable work, but submissions ceased.

hm

blanket statements as if they're undeniable truths (even based on partially incorrect information). You also put words in peoples' mouths (figuratively).

Then you are selectively reading.

Here is Matt's full statement for context:

I'd like to clarify a few things that Emily brought up concerning CGC's position. CGC did have a concern with several of the books submitted to us earlier this year for reasons previously posted in this thread. I gave Matt and Emily time and advice to guide them in the right direction. Up to the point we stopped receiving submissions there were issues with the work, reflected in our assigning either B or C classifications. A decision was going to be made whether to stop taking books that exhibited questionable work, but submissions ceased.

Looks pretty cut and dried to me that CGC would not (or could not) grade their books because of their books exhibiting "questionable work".

So instead of working with CGC to resolve those issues (which was likely impossible due to the nature and extent of the work done on the books) igb went to the much more accommodating CBCS.

Sometimes "blanket statements" are in fact "undeniable truths". (thumbs u

-J.

Jay;

Although you are incorrectly accusing other posters of selective reading, it appears that you are selectively interpreting Matt's comments to draw conclusions on CGC's behalf, even though they have clearly not made any decisions on the process yet. :boo:lol

Perhaps the grading companies will eventually decide that people submitting extensively restored books will have to provide documentation of what was done, along with before and after photos, and so on.

That would be impossible to consistently enforce. Some books can be several hands removed from the restorer and may not have any documentation.

Roy;

This is now starting to sound like the old disclosure of pressing argument. :ohnoez:

Since it's impossible to enforce the disclosure of pressing as the books change hands, it was argued that there is no need for the original person that had the work done to disclose it. In addition, it was also argued that nobody really cared since pressing was considered to be non-restorative and nobody could tell anyways, as long as the work was done properly. Hence, no need for disclosure when it comes to pressing. :facepalm:

Similarly, the problem here would also be that it would be impossible to enforce the provision of documentation as the books change hands. But in this case, does it really even matter as all of these books are clearly designated as Extensive Restoration. Hence, if you aren't interested in books with this type of work, you simply don't bid on them as nobody is forcing you to. hm

I don't understand your point.

The point of a certification company is to identify, appraise and disclose what their opinion is on a given book. Not to force people to disclose information about the book.

If they can't be consistent about something they have no business relaying that information.

Since it's just wishful thinking hoping that everyone discloses, it's not going to be reality.

Obviously just a poor way of saying that I agree with your point, as we have already seen this film before.

Not possible to enforce disclosure over time on this process that the Meyers are performing, similar to how it is impossible to enforce disclosure on the CPR process which have and still are currently being performed on books. ;)

Obviously just a poor way of saying that I agree with your point, as we have already seen this film before.

Not possible to enforce disclosure over time on this process that the Meyers are performing, similar to how it is impossible to enforce disclosure on the CPR process which have and still are currently being performed on books. ;)

Gotcha! Apologies, I thought we were disagreeing. :)

I agree with Bedrock that the WDCS 1 line down the spine is like a black marker and the book should not have gotten a 9.8. It reminds me of a few restored remaindered books where there's a flaw in the recreation section that when compared side by side is easy to detect but not so easy as a one off in hand.

+1

As I have already stated in one of my previous posts on this matter, this additional black line should clearly be treated as a defect and downgraded accordingly from a condition grading point of view. (thumbs u

Yes, I would also agree that this appears to be an oversight and not intentional on the part of the CBCS graders. Especially when we have clearly seen other blatent evidence of grading mistakes or oversights made by both of the grading companies. After all, nobody's perfect and errors are unfortunately sometimes made. hm

I would have been quite happy with a 33 6.0 MP

.... 33 is one of the issues I'd want most of all...... and some resto wouldn't restrain me in the least.....I just prefer for the majority of the original book to still be there. GOD BLESS...

The majority of the book is still there.

I believe that it's just covered in something that is not original to the book. :gossip:lol

The issue of whether this has been done to the point of over excessiveness or not appears to be what is in question by CGC about this technique being used by the Meyers. hm

The book was a Mod cgc 6.0 if i am right. Now its a E 9.4 if i am right. My thought is when a book is restored unless you have all the info you never really know what was done. I will say the book looks great way better than the Mod grade so the only problem thats 100% sure is what you would want more. Mod 6.0 or E 9.4 the rest is up in the air i got lost on this thread long ago. :wishluck: