• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Earliest anti-Nazi cover?
2 2

49 posts in this topic

Cat, I'm afraid you may be the lone voice crying in the wilderness on this one. My vote goes to Topnotch #2. Regardless, Happy New Year!

Well, someone has to bravely try taming the wilderness. After all, we're talkin' war here! lol

From a technical POV, I'll gladly yield to the consensus that Top-Notch #2 is the first swastika cover simply because the symbol is correctly depicted. But so far, no one has proven to my satisfaction that the Dec. '39 Marvel Mystery (Oct. 13th newsstand date) isn't the first anti-axis costumed hero cover, a fact clearly supported by both cover and the Angel's text story. It beats most contenders by months!

:sumo:

As for the axe wielding, legless dwarf wearing Nazi boxers on MM #3, I won't touch that assertion with a ten foot olive branch!. When up against Bedrock snark, none of us has a leg to stand on. Besides, I couldn't bring myself to clip that Johnson Smith Company X-Ray Specs coupon.

Happy New Year everybody! :hi: