• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: If you could only watch one film franchise for the rest of your life...

One film franchise to rule them all...  

411 members have voted

1. 1. One film franchise to rule them all...

87 posts in this topic

All of the Bond films before Daniel Craig have aged badly.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

hm

So Twilight?

You'll have to tell me what it was like.

There were vampires and werewolves. And two guys representing each side. And you had to choose one. So it was either Edward or Jacob.

So which one you going with?

:baiting:

Lugosi.

Bingo!

:applause:

All of the Bond films before Daniel Craig have aged badly.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

I agree,except for Dr. No and Goldfinger. They are still the benchmarks. I rewatched Goldfinger the other week and absolutely loved it. That was Bond at his best.

First of all...

The "Dollars" trilogy, is the one I can watch over and over and over.

But, I would pick Bond next.

It really depends on Star Wars (basically if Lucas isn't involved).

I would love Eastwood to come back and play The Man with No Name one more time!

:wishluck:

^^

I think I'd go with Star Wars just based on that it's highly likely we are going to get many more. Rocky and Bond are similar to me in that I like on the films a lot (Skyfall and Creed) but just never really got into them as a whole.

Spider-Man and Superman both have more bad films than good for me, and I think there are only a handful of westerns that I can watch,

If the Cornetto trilogy was a continuing series and not a trilogy it might be a consideration because I do like Edgar Wright's work.

I really do not like the pre-Nolan Batman films and while I like what I've seen of Affleck in the trailer I question how many they can do with him.

Marvel and Indiana Jones are players. Mad Max wasn't really anything I was ever into, though Fury Road was fun. Harry Potter has new stuff coming out, and they have really good filmmakers in that series. I think Potter is going to be evergreen.

I like Trek but i do not like the original series crew so that cuts down those number of movies.

There is evidence that all of the Pixar films are connected, and if that were a choice they'd be a heavy consideration, trumping Studio Ghibli narrowly just because Miyazaki, the master, is not someone that I think will be putting out much future work. Out of all of the trilogies we talking about, man, Toy Story I, II, and III are almost flawless.

I will say this, I watch Back to Future just about everytime I run across it on TV. Terrible later entries and aging stars wont allow me to pick Die Hard and Lethal Weapon.

So I think Star Wars, though if Pixar and Studio Ghibli were an option they'd be strong for me. DC animated is great too but I don't like their stand alone new52 movies as much as Iiked their series, and they have a tendency of cancelling mess I like (Young Justice) and coming back with something weak.

First of all...

The "Dollars" trilogy, is the one I can watch over and over and over.

But, I would pick Bond next.

It really depends on Star Wars (basically if Lucas isn't involved).

I would love Eastwood to come back and play The Man with No Name one more time!

:wishluck:

^^

Did you guys ever watch the Harry Dean Stanton inserted prologue to "A Fistful of Dollars", so it could play on television in '77. They had to reshoot a new beginning with a stand-in because censors didn't like Eastwood's character motivations for killing bad guys (or really bad guys). :roflmao:

Seems pretty definitive as a win for Star Wars. :applause:

No surprise there...

I was torn but ended up choosing James Bond. The Daniel Craig movies have revitalized the series for me.

And I have to agree with Gene that the older ones should be viewed through a different lens than today. For their time though, many were terrific!!! (thumbs u

Film or film and TV?

If it's film and TV, I vote Star Trek because there is quite a bit of material out there.

If it's just film, I pick Star Wars from that list of options.

Star Trek for me.

As much as I enjoy the others only Star Trek has the scope, depth and potential to cover 'only one - rest of your life'.

Well-spoken.

My rationale is that if you are forced/can only watch one, eventually you will come to hate it.

Thus, something that you liked will become ruined for you forever going forward.

In that case, one should choose something one already doesn't care for/dislikes/despises.

For me, Twilight in a walk.