• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: If you could only watch one film franchise for the rest of your life...

One film franchise to rule them all...  

411 members have voted

1. 1. One film franchise to rule them all...

87 posts in this topic

I would have gone with Bond. But then I would be stuck watching Roger Moore after being spoiled with other actors in this role.

So, X-Men!

:whee:

:gossip: But now I have to watch Samurai sword forearm Deadpool.

:fear:

I would have gone with Bond. But then I would be stuck watching Roger Moore after being spoiled with other actors in this role.

I re-watched For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy over the holidays. These are both enjoyable films. I'd rather miss all of the forthcoming Star Wars films if it meant never being able to re-watch even just the Moore Bond films.

I re-watched For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy over the holidays. These are both enjoyable films. I'd rather miss all of the forthcoming Star Wars films if it meant never being able to re-watch even just the Moore Bond films.

Okay. Bond.

:sorry:

All of the Bond films before Daniel Craig have aged badly.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

hm

So Twilight?

As Brits we’ve definitely been overexposed to them, every year at Christmas. And Easter, and every bank holiday, near enough.

I don't think most of them have aged badly at all - you just have to view them through a different lens, IMO. I mean, viewed through a modern lens, one could argue that Silver Age comic books have aged badly and that most Golden Age books are practically unreadable. :eek:

I think FRWL is a great Bond film, one of the best. Yes, some of the elements feel very early '60s and dated, but not any more so than reading Amazing Fantasy #15 might seem dated to a modern audience. 2c

As Brits we’ve definitely been overexposed to them, every year at Christmas. And Easter, and every bank holiday, near enough.

It's the default marathon series for the holidays?

It's the default marathon series for the holidays?

They just like to pad out the holiday schedules with a few Bond films, here and there, rather than marathons.

Same with Hitchcock material.

Forgot to mention, you can add The Crow on there as well and maybe (despite only two films), Hellboy.

I should have added Indiana Jones and Mad Max - those series have had enough films to provide some critical mass.

For me, it's James Bond, hands down. 20-odd films strong and still kicking. I still re-watch all the films all the time, even the bad ones. The film series has profoundly impacted the way I live my life, and that's not an exaggeration.

I sat here with my mouse hovering over James Bond, but in the end I selected Star Wars.

While I loved many of the Bond movies, I just asked myself, how often do I re-watch an old Bond movie? The answer was never.

Star Wars, past...present...and future! :headbang: