• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: If you could only watch one film franchise for the rest of your life...

One film franchise to rule them all...  

411 members have voted

1. 1. One film franchise to rule them all...

87 posts in this topic

I'm a SW guy, who has never seen a Bond or LOTR movie but I couldn't go through life not seeing Civil War or Infinity War. I'd hear enough of Episodes #8 and #9 to get the gist, and can replay SW, ESB and Jedi inside my head.

The "other" I would choose would probably be Kevin Smiths "View Askew" universe. :cloud9:

Jim

I chose other - the animated DCU.

That's a good one. A lot of quality material.

this would have been my choice if on the list... good call... awesome selction of movies... with more to come!

+ 1

Especially if it is complemented by the Batman Animated Series, Green Lantern Animated Series (this show was so good), Teen Titans GO, and all the DC Nation shorts.

:whee:

If you could only watch film series franchise for the rest of your life - all past, present and future films - which would it be? You can only pick one, so choose wisely... hm

Irony is introducing this thread with a quote from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and then not including Indiana Jones as one of the poll choices. :taptaptap:

I would choose Star Trek if the multiple television series were included. I assumed they weren't, so I chose Star Wars.

Choose-Wisely.jpg

All of the Bond films before Daniel Craig have aged badly.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

hm

So Twilight?

You'll have to tell me what it was like.

I watched some of From Russia With Love over Xmas and had to turn over it was that painful.

Loved them when I was a kid of course and Live and Let Die was one of the first movies I ever saw on the big screen - it still has the best theme tune - but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me.

I don't think most of them have aged badly at all - you just have to view them through a different lens, IMO. I mean, viewed through a modern lens, one could argue that Silver Age comic books have aged badly and that most Golden Age books are practically unreadable. :eek:

I think FRWL is a great Bond film, one of the best. Yes, some of the elements feel very early '60s and dated, but not any more so than reading Amazing Fantasy #15 might seem dated to a modern audience. 2c

All those comic books are terribly dated. You or I could read them for nostalgia purposes but a modern audience would rather read modern comics.

hm

So Twilight?

There were vampires and werewolves. And two guys representing each side. And you had to choose one. So it was either Edward or Jacob.

So which one you going with?

:baiting:

There were vampires and werewolves. And two guys representing each side. And you had to choose one. So it was either Edward or Jacob.

You remember their names? I had no idea there were teenage girls in these forums. doh!

You remember their names? I had no idea there were teenage girls in these forums. doh!

It wasn't like you could miss it if you got outside. For a few years, people were walking around with t-shirts to let me know I had to make a decision.

s-l300.jpg

That's what made me look into what this was all about. I wanted to know why I should be on one side or the other.

Sorry you missed it, granny.

hm

So Twilight?

So which one you going with?

Lugosi.