• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: If you could only watch one film franchise for the rest of your life...

One film franchise to rule them all...  

411 members have voted

1. 1. One film franchise to rule them all...

87 posts in this topic

If you could only watch film series franchise for the rest of your life - all past, present and future films - which would it be? You can only pick one, so choose wisely... hm

Fantastic Four means there's 2 crack options.

Although, Twilight and Transformers might end up being a little torturous over the long haul, as well.

I had to go Star Wars just because they seem to be gearing up for a bunch more movies over the next couple decades. I'd pick Lord of the Rings as my favorite series but there just is not that many movies with no more on the horizon.

The other option.

The new guys. The Guardians of the Galaxy. They are new. Most of the characters in the poll have been done to the extreme. Really hard to get a surprise out of them anymore.

I would pick Star Wars as my second option.

I would pick the MCU if it included everything. I chose Star Wars as it's the most recent franchise in my mind and I have a short attention span.

This is a tough one. All of the franchises have had ups and downs, and I cringe at the thought of having to sit through a lot of downs.

That said, I think I'd prefer Star Trek, but the Bonds films have been more consistent in quality. Then again, recycling the same plot for every movie helps as well.

Forgot to mention, you can add The Crow on there as well and maybe (despite only two films), Hellboy.

Hellboy also had a few animated movies. To include Ron Perlman as the voice of Hellboy, Selma Blair as Liz Sherman, and John Hurt as Professor Trevor Bruttenholm.

- Sword of Storms

- Blood and Iron

Forgot to mention, you can add The Crow on there as well and maybe (despite only two films), Hellboy.

I should have added Indiana Jones and Mad Max - those series have had enough films to provide some critical mass.

For me, it's James Bond, hands down. 20-odd films strong and still kicking. I still re-watch all the films all the time, even the bad ones. The film series has profoundly impacted the way I live my life, and that's not an exaggeration.

I chose other - the animated DCU. And I'm a Marvel guy. They're fresh and are almost as much fun as reading comics was when I was 10.

Out of the series on the list, I would have chosen Bond. The good ones have more staying power than the other superhero and sci-fi/fantasy offerings and continue to be enjoyable on repeated viewings. The only drawback is that at this point I've seen them more than enough.

I'm a huge Batman fan, so that should be my choice, but I grew up with the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, in fact, Superman II is one of the earliest movies, along with Smokey and the Bandit II, that I can remember seeing at the theater. Never being able to see those Reeve movies again caused me to pick Superman.