• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Jan/Feb 2016 Auction

363 posts in this topic

If you zoom in on the Tec # 27, you can see how much has been done, particularly the logo and the '64 pages of action' part, it looks rather child- like.

Wow! I guess they weren't kidding when they labeled this amateur restoration. :D

If you zoom in on the Tec # 27, you can see how much has been done, particularly the logo and the '64 pages of action' part, it looks rather child- like.

My guess this is old and bad resto. It could perhaps be greatly improved and redone. I still think it breaks 100K tho as there is nothing on the market and the last copy they had was a year ago and a franken book.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-apparent-vf-75-extensive-a-5-off-white-pages/a/7104-92029.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

James G

My guess this is old and bad resto. It could perhaps be greatly improved and redone. I still think it breaks 100K tho as there is nothing on the market and the last copy they had was a year ago

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-apparent-vf-75-extensive-a-5-off-white-pages/a/7104-92029.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

that book was apparently won by a boardie

Wow! I guess they weren't kidding when they labeled this amateur restoration. :D

The consigner should have redone the resto before submitting. Perhaps they didn't think of it or have the time/the money/didn't want to bother

The consignor should have redone the resto before submitting.

Absolutely.

My guess this is old and bad resto. It could perhaps be greatly improved and redone. I still think it breaks 100K tho as there is nothing on the market and the last copy they had was a year ago and a franken book.

James G

Quite a friggin uber nice Frankenbook if you ask me lol

James G

+1 :takeit:

James G

Wow....+1... pretty awesome book.

James G

So, it's also a prize comic! ;)

James G

So, it's also a prize comic! ;)

This "cherry" old school ext Tec 27 just goes to show how these HG IGB slabs are royal knee in the nuts to all the old ext books.

Absolutely.

What in the world for......they probably wanted to avoid getting the book slabbed into one of those UHG restored labels and then be accused of trying to pawn off a fake recreation in the marketplace. lol

Seems much better for your reputation if it's a bad amateur job whereby you can more easily tell what's original from what has been recreated. hm:P

Absolutely.

What in the world for......they probably wanted to avoid getting the book slabbed into one of those UHG restored labels and then be accused of trying to pawn off a fake recreation in the marketplace. lol

Seems much better for your reputation if it's a bad amateur job whereby you can more easily tell what's original from what has been recreated. hm:P

That Tec's resto is horrible. Would want to know more about the interior, but sure looks like its a great candidate for a redo.

Looks like it's gonna be a doozy. :o

AF15 9.4, ASM1 9.4, plenty great OA, a complete run of Detectives 27-40, a couple Bats 1, Supes 1 etc...

Ya thats why i dont want to win 10k worth of books than get stuck with a 20 plus% buyers premium.

Oh for heaven's sake. This comes up over and over again and I really don't understand why it causes such problems. There is always a 19.5% buyer's premium on top of the 'hammer price'.

So when you bid, look at the total price. The Heritage site tells what the total is before you confirm the bid if you're not bidding live. If you are bidding live, it still tells you the total in brackets below the bid price.

19.5% buyer's premium is real dumb IMO. This just wants me to go to CC All the way. HA get's there Com plus 19.5% buyer's premium on top of the bid.That is way over priced IMO. I also have to pay 9.26% sales tax Ya i want to pay near double my bid if i win. :screwy:

But I think that is AJD's point. If you bid X dollars and after BP and other fees the total comes to Y dollars then you are really just bidding Y dollars. If you think your bid is being doubled against your will you don't understand what you are doing...