• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

All of these were had for about 30% under GPA:

2ebd3it.jpg

193x3d.jpg

300z8dv.jpg

This was right at GPA, but you can't beat 1990s Second Print Goodness:

6f89dv.jpg

And I got this on Comicconnect. I had been looking for a 9.8 with a good wrap for a couple years, and I have to say, all the TOD 10s drying up in the last 12 months or so made me not want to miss out on the DD 131s just to see them ride off into the sunset the same way. About $100 over GPA.

My other theory is that you can't have Elecktra on the DD show without Bullseye showing up at some point. There are more than twice the number of DD 168 9.8s out there than the DD 131 9.8s. If Bullseye shows up on that show (or a spinoff Netflix show), and considering what happened with DD 168 in the last 6 months, this book goes nuts. If not, thats cool too, to me its a Top 10 Bronze key with a good wrap.

Happy to get it. Look for my sales thread on these boards soon to cover what I overspent on comics this month :banana:

308kzep.jpg

2ebd3it.jpg

193x3d.jpg

300z8dv.jpg

6f89dv.jpg

And I got this on Comicconnect. I had been looking for a 9.8 with a good wrap for a couple years, and I have to say, all the TOD 10s drying up in the last 12 months or so made me not want to miss out on the DD 131s just to see them ride off into the sunset the same way. About $100 over GPA.

My other theory is that you can't have Elecktra on the DD show without Bullseye showing up at some point. There are more than twice the number of DD 168 9.8s out there than the DD 131 9.8s. If Bullseye shows up on that show (or a spinoff Netflix show), and considering what happened with DD 168 in the last 6 months, this book goes nuts. If not, thats cool too, to me its a Top 10 Bronze key with a good wrap.

Happy to get it. Look for my sales thread on these boards soon to cover what I overspent on comics this month :banana:

308kzep.jpg

You're on the right path.

308kzep.jpg

You're on the right path.

Seconded. Well-bought!!

I can't believe that the April auction starts this Friday. It seems like the last one just ended (oh wait, because it did!). Not sure how much bidding I will be able to do this month, I've got a bit of wallet fatigue after last month's spree...

I can't believe that the April auction starts this Friday. It seems like the last one just ended (oh wait, because it did!). Not sure how much bidding I will be able to do this month, I've got a bit of wallet fatigue after last month's spree...

I find the big auction is when I do some selling of the books I picked up from the focus auction. The big ticket books bring out the big wallets and I don't see much fall thru the cracks.

I know right? 2nd mortgage here I come...

I find the big auction is when I do some selling of the books I picked up from the focus auction. The big ticket books bring out the big wallets and I don't see much fall thru the cracks.

April is another Focused, like March. The Featured is in May. There is plenty of lower grade in April, with a few better books sprinkled in. I just did a quick look and found a couple of targets I'll have to go after pretty hardcore, but that means a lot less bottom feeding and more discipline.

Shipping updates time.

As soon as I won the last book I was pursuing, I made payment. I got notice yesterday: This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04/05/2016.

So we'll see if it's actually shipped then. But I figured, pay sooner, get your books sooner. Last time, I paid for my books out of my winnings and it was delayed a bit. This time, I just paid in advance and will wait on my earnings check.

Pull yourself together. I got 275+ slabs in this auction. Take a deep breath. You got this.

Pull yourself together. I got 275+ slabs in this auction. Take a deep breath. You got this.

275? Do you send them to CLink or do you drop them off at one of the shows?

I send raw to CGC and CGC ships directly to Clink. CGC bills Clink too. I pay later.

I send raw to CGC and CGC ships directly to Clink. CGC bills Clink too. I pay later.

Never knew that. Good information to know. Thanks.

Never knew that. Good information to know. Thanks.

I get 20% off grading fees too :cloud9:

And you get 20% off, right? Instead of 10%?

EDIT: Derp. I see it. :)

And you get 20% off, right? Instead of 10%?

EDIT: Derp. I see it. :)

shipping comes out less and that's 275 book I don't have to scan, pack and ship.

At the minimum of $300 per slab you are looking at least $83,000 (worship)

At the minimum of $300 per slab you are looking at least $83,000 (worship)

That's likely unlikely, but sounds real good, but realistically I know I got some that break $200 and done that may not crack $50. After last month auction, it appears buyers are winning the war. If I can fall between $60-$100 avg per book, I'm gonna be in line with my prediction. I just did the count and there are 271 books.