• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 VENOM 1:50 variants with Print Runs - ASM 678 Hulk 4 FF 14 etc

162 posts in this topic

Yeah.

That's what happened. :eyeroll:

Unfortunately it looks like some boardies will never learn that there is nothing wrong with people ESTIMATING print runs of cool, valuable , super rare variants.

Nobody said otherwise.

It is fun and something interesting to speculate on without always having to listen to the same buzzkills spout the same boring talking points (read: "opinions") over and over and over again. doh!

-J.

You're still campaigning. You're entitled to your own opinions...you're not entitled to your own facts. If "speculation" is premised on misinformation, you should expect the "buzzkills" to correct it.

For fun I look for these variants and I never see them.

Its really one of the variants sets in the modern era that is pretty tough to find

or somebody just bought a ton of them. When I do see them the dealer wants

a boatload for a copy and honestly since I cant find them in shops very much

the price might actually match for once.

Yeah.

That's what happened. :eyeroll:

Unfortunately it looks like some boardies will never learn that there is nothing wrong with people ESTIMATING print runs of cool, valuable , super rare variants.

Nobody said otherwise.

It is fun and something interesting to speculate on without always having to listen to the same buzzkills spout the same boring talking points (read: "opinions") over and over and over again. doh!

-J.

You're still campaigning. You're entitled to your own opinions...you're not entitled to your own facts. If "speculation" is premised on misinformation, you should expect the "buzzkills" to correct it.

That door swings your direction as well. You would be well served heeding some of your own posts once in awhile. (thumbs u

-J.

Its really one of the variants sets in the modern era that is pretty tough to find

I also look for these all the time as Venom is my favorite character. Prices are ridiculous! I'd love to have them all, but for the sum of obtaining all of them, I'd be able to get older keys, maybe even my Iron Man 55...

You're entitled to your own opinions...you're not entitled to your own facts. If "speculation" is premised on misinformation, you should expect the "buzzkills" to correct it.

That door swings your direction as well. You would be well served heeding some of your own posts once in awhile. (thumbs u

-J.

If I have been mistaken or inaccurate in anything I have said, please...for my sake, as well as everyone else's...feel free to correct me by demonstrating, with evidence, how I'm wrong, and I'll gladly accept it. Being correct is far, far better than being "right."

That's the fundamental difference between us.

I get that they are "hard to find' but I don't really understand why given that Venom has a big fanbase. In terms of most valuable we know the following:

1. ASM 678

2. Uncanny Xforce #20

After those two, what is next? I haven't followed the sales of the other covers.

You're entitled to your own opinions...you're not entitled to your own facts. If "speculation" is premised on misinformation, you should expect the "buzzkills" to correct it.

-J.

If I have been mistaken or inaccurate in anything I have said, please...for my sake, as well as everyone else's...feel free to correct me by demonstrating, with evidence, how I'm wrong, and I'll gladly accept it. Being correct is far, far better than being "right."

Again, all you have (repeatedly) done is state your OPINION. Your OPINIONS are not facts, no matter how many times you repeat them. Furthermore, you have not actually cited any evidence, beyond your own prior posts (which also only state your OPINION) and those of a couple of your cheerleaders who only share your OPINION, in support of your OPINION. Until you realize that is what (and the only thing ) you are doing, I see no reason to maintain this dialogue publicly in this thread.

-J.

I get that they are "hard to find' but I don't really understand why given that Venom has a big fanbase. In terms of most valuable we know the following:

1. ASM 678

2. Uncanny Xforce #20

After those two, what is next? I haven't followed the sales of the other covers.

Per Lonzillas link, reorganized by price. Hulk, then probably Iron Man, but that one doesn't come up very often.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Sold=1&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&rmvSB=true&_nkw=venom+1%3A50+variant+-superior+-inhumans&_sop=16

1. ASM 678

2. Uncanny Xforce #20

From what I can see it's

1. ASM 678

Huge Drop

2. UXF #20/Hulk 4

Small Drop

3. Iron Man 512

Big Drop

4. The Rest

I can easily see them all being sought after as a group at some point though, and becoming a fairly coveted set overall. As others have mentioned, none of them are exactly dollar bin fodder, and are actually pretty reliable wall books.

-J.

1. ASM 678

2. Uncanny Xforce #20

From what I can see it's

1. ASM 678

Huge Drop

2. UXF #20/Hulk 4

Small Drop

3. Iron Man 512

Big Drop

4. The Rest

I can easily see them all being sought after as a group at some point though, and becoming a fairly coveted set overall. As others have mentioned, none of them are exactly dollar bin fodder, and are actually pretty reliable wall books.

-J.

It would be really coolto try to put the set together. Although a 9.8 set would be pretty difficult. Wonder if they would be wiling to do a registry set.

I remember seeing the Hulk #4 at my LCS, they just had it on the shelf with the regular cover.

Almost bought it just cause it looked kinda cool...didn't :doh:

I actually remember passing up on some of these when they came out, because I think for the most part I didn't like the way they looked (including the ASM (though I didn't see it in the store either). I think the Psylocke one looks the best (didn't see it at any stores at the time). THe hulk one is aight, but not worth my 20$ at the time, and the rest were pretty blah to me if i recall.

-J.

Again, all you have (repeatedly) done is state your OPINION. Your OPINIONS are not facts, no matter how many times you repeat them. Furthermore, you have not actually cited any evidence, beyond your own prior posts (which also only state your OPINION) and those of a couple of your cheerleaders who only share your OPINION, in support of your OPINION. Until you realize that is what (and the only thing ) you are doing, I see no reason to maintain this dialogue publicly in this thread.

-J.

Right...so, the challenge laid before you, to show me where and how I am inaccurate is, once again, for the umpteenth time, ignored in favor of the campaign.

When you actually do the hard work of research, data mining, and detailed analysis, then maybe these words of yours will carry some weight. Until then, it's just noise.

You are a campaigner; nothing more, nothing less. Your focus isn't on the facts, accuracy, or anything that reasonable people do to arrive at evidence-based conclusions...your focus is on trying to convince everyone else why you're right, and they're wrong, by merely stating so, over and over and over again.

When you focus on the data, the details, the research, the information, the evidence...as countless others have done, and continue to do...then you might have something valuable to offer.

-J.

-J.

Right...so, the challenge laid before you, to show me where and how I am inaccurate is, once again, for the umpteenth time, ignored in favor of the campaign.

When you actually do the hard work of research, data mining, and detailed analysis, then maybe these words of yours will carry some weight. Until then, it's just noise.

You are a campaigner; nothing more, nothing less. Your focus isn't on the facts, accuracy, or anything that reasonable people do to arrive at evidence-based conclusions...your focus is on trying to convince everyone else why you're right, and they're wrong, by merely stating so, over and over and over again.

When you focus on the data, the details, the research, the information, the evidence...as countless others have done, and continue to do...then you might have something valuable to offer.

Practice what you preach brother. Practice what you preach.

-J.

:gossip: And neither Larryscomics coming in here and repeating the pitifully trite, and hyperbolic-to-the-point-of-being-comical refrain that he has seen 1:X variants "piled to the ceiling in a warehouse" nor your alter ego "Lazyboy" blandly agreeing with your OPINION (but really more just insulting me) qualifies as "countless others" offering "data", "details", "research", or "evidence" of anything. But feel free to continue trying to derail yet another thread. You'll only be talking to yourself going forward.

Good day sir.

+1

I've never seen them at shows etc.

:gossip: Some people indeed know when their opinions are just opinions (and do not confuse them as "facts") and are okay with acknowledging that.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

-J.

Let it go, Jay. You've derailed another thread, blamed that derailing on others as you usually do, and it's getting old.

Please RMA you derail more threads than AMTRAK with your quoting of every sentence rebutting god knows what. (shrug)

Edited by NewWorldOrder

:gossip: Some people indeed know when their opinions are just opinions (and do not confuse them as "facts") and are okay with acknowledging that.

-J.

Let it go, Jay. You've derailed another thread, blamed that derailing on others as you usually do, and it's getting old.

Please RMA you derail more threads than AMTRAK with your quoting of every sentence rebutting god knows what. (shrug)

Your logic does not follow. Do you know how...?

("Revenge posts" :cloud9: )

PS....you said you were going to say hi to me in Baltimore. You did not.

-J.

Your logic does not follow. Do you know how...?

("Revenge posts" :cloud9: )

PS....you said you were going to say hi to me in Baltimore. You did not.

I was working. :baiting:

and I didnt see you honestly.

Terry's show next Sunday?