• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 VENOM 1:50 variants with Print Runs - ASM 678 Hulk 4 FF 14 etc

162 posts in this topic

A 9.8 xforce 20 psylocke is up for 2k. Curious to see how this goes. I follow the seller on Instagram. Think his price is aggressive ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=172129550537&globalID=EBAY-US

Very aggressive.

He "might" be in the ballpark at half that.

-J.

I know the owner. He sold it for $1600.

hm

-J.

A 9.8 xforce 20 psylocke is up for 2k. Curious to see how this goes. I follow the seller on Instagram. Think his price is aggressive ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=172129550537&globalID=EBAY-US

Very aggressive.

He "might" be in the ballpark at half that.

-J.

I know the owner. He sold it for $1600.

hm

-J.

Deal was done off feebay to avoid fees. If you are on IG. send me a friend request.

Same seller, same book. One is a BINOBO for $660, the other a straight up auction @ about $125. Seller obviously wants to do business outside of ebay. I hate to throw shade, but sometimes you gotta; buyer beware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-Xforce-20-Venom-Symbiote-Variant-NM-Unread-X-force-II-/262334614813?hash=item3d145c8d1d:g:tT4AAOSwvgdW33lb

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-force-Vol-1-20-Venom-Symbiote-Variant-NM-Unread-Xforce-II-/262326278512?hash=item3d13dd5970:g:tT4AAOSwvgdW33lb

Jerome

That seller is using another persons picture. Are any of you guys on Instagram? That picture of that book belongs to another seller that does transactions on IG. That ebayer basically stole that guy's pics. I would be wary bidding on those auctions because that is not the book you are going. to receive. Shadey seller IMO.

I think I'm on instagram, and was on the facebook groups until people just dropped by to poop in my sales thread (because they can't do it here) :rolleyes: There's too many notifications for that kind of stuff, it just floods my phone and I don't want to hassle with it, tbh. But thanks for the heads up!

Jerome

That seller is using another persons picture. Are any of you guys on Instagram? That picture of that book belongs to another seller that does transactions on IG. That ebayer basically stole that guy's pics. I would be wary bidding on those auctions because that is not the book you are going. to receive. Shadey seller IMO.

Ebay allows sellers to use stock photos. I would be wary of an auction for an item that pricey without an actual pic but he isn't breaking any rules.

Ebay allows sellers to use stock photos. I would be wary of an auction for an item that pricey without an actual pic but he isn't breaking any rules.

someone else's photos aren't stock photos.

Where do you think Ebay get their stock photos? Here is Ebay's official policy:

"The product catalog may include, at our discretion,select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement."

I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying Ebay allows for the use of a pic not belonging to a seller unless the pic is watermarked or the sellers who owns the pic makes a request for the image not to be used.

Edited by TJ325

"The product catalog may include, at our discretion,select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement."

I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying Ebay allows for the use of a pic not belonging to a seller unless the pic is watermarked or the sellers who owns the pic makes a request for the image not to be used.

I think I'm on instagram, and was on the facebook groups until people just dropped by to poop in my sales thread (because they can't do it here) :rolleyes: There's too many notifications for that kind of stuff, it just floods my phone and I don't want to hassle with it, tbh. But thanks for the heads up!

Jerome

Bummer about the Facebook groups. I know deals can be had on Facebook groups and on IG. It has it faults but it can be helpful tracking down books and sharing your collection. I've seen hard to find books for sale on IG like siege 3, dell Otto X-23, jsc wolverine #1, sketch covers that were never made available for sale here or on eBay. Not just moderns but silvers, coppers, etc. it's Just another outlet like the forums.

For those that are on IG. The user actually warned people that this particular eBayer was using their old picture for their listings.

You don't know if the photo is in the stock or not.

someone else's instagram photos aren't covered by that eBay policy.

That very photo could be in their stock photos. You don't know for sure but to keep from beating a dead horse, yeah the guy is unscrupulous for ripping off someone's photo to sell a comic he may or may not have. Ebay is just not going to do anything to him for selling with someone else's photo.

That very photo could be in their stock photos. You don't know for sure but to keep from beating a dead horse, yeah the guy is unscrupulous for ripping off someone's photo to sell a comic he may or may not have. Ebay is just not going to do anything to him for selling with someone else's photo.

The following is a Public Service Message, brought to you by The Copper Age Kids Comics & Services.

We here at at C.A.K. Headquarters appreciate all of YOUR feedback, we hope to WORK with you to bring about a just resolution to any of your comic book buying experiences.

Our Mission Statement, is based on a COLLECTIVE effort to bring awareness of potential d-baggery via eBay never do wells.

We do all that we can and strive with due diligence to effectively police the Comic Book Community to make your ebay trading experiences as pleasurable for all parties involved as is humanly possible :hi:

Saacasm aside....

The seller is violating eBay's listing practices, on several counts.

Clearly stating in the auction description that the book pictured is his own personal copy.

The seller outright cancelled the first listing of the same book/same photos and citing "item is no longer available"..........leads me to think he sold the book elsewhere...or it was sold to the 1st (or 2nd highest) bidder offline at below $660.

He then relisted the same book/same photos.

He also posted his cell number, stating he will make a deal off ebay.

There, you have 3 to 4 eBay policy violations.

All it takes is 5 people to file listing violations reports with eBay .

Copy/paste the 1st auction that ended at $660 when you report the current listing.

And to make it easier on everyone:

Go ahead and copy/paste the bulk of my post here in your report (minus the last few sentences, tidy up my summation a bit) ............and PRESTO, LAWD ALMIGHTY :preach: .............

The listing will be removed and the dude will get a healthy smack down from eBay...ESPECIALLY for urging would be buyers/bidders to buy the book from him offline.

The point I'm making was that: assuming the photo originated on Instagram & the first use of it on eBay was not by the same person that initially posted it TO instagram, then it cannot be covered by that policy. Using a stolen photo is a copyright violation (there's absolutely no fair-use exemption here) & no eBay policy can magically turn a photo that the poster didn't have the right to use in the first place into a valid stock photo.

But yeah, eBay won't care unless a bunch of people complain. And even then, they still won't really care or do anything except maybe axe that listing at most.