• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay First Sabertooth!

42 posts in this topic

Wow. Just bumped into this:

Iron Fist #14 page 11

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131707563720?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Not familiar with the book, is this the actual first panel appearance page?

$10k, reserve not yet met. Completely outside my areas of expertise, what's it going to take to win it? Guesses? (No I'm not bidding!)

Was this piece in known hands before, or a big prize that's been MIA? I don't remember ever seeing it, but again not what I've been keeping track of either...

Yes it is the first appearance of Sabretooth and i suppose what it will take to go home with it, will depend on if a certain 1st appearance art collector really wants it or not.

Wouldn't want to hazard a guess at this stage as to what it may reach, but food for thought - the reserve may be known to some who are just bidding this up with no fear of winning it.

Wouldn't want to hazard a guess at this stage as to what it may reach, but food for thought - the reserve may be known to some who are just bidding this up with no fear of winning it.

That would never happen in the OA market. Wait a second.....never mind.

Not sure if they really expect it to sell on eBay. Given that they include their phone number, I think this is a piece where you'd do better to call them directly if you're really interested.

Agreed.

Looks to be doing some advertising for the piece.

Not sure if they really expect it to sell on eBay. Given that they include their phone number, I think this is a piece where you'd do better to call them directly if you're really interested.

I doubt it as I think SparkleCity will look to sell it at auction. Someone call them to see what the reserve is? :popcorn:

The most expensive Byrne non-splash/cover HA has sold went for 65k plus. This page is worth at least that I would think.

The reserve is NOWHERE close to that, but we'll just have to wait and see :popcorn:

What do you think, is this a $25k-$35k page?

15k is probably the reserve on it.. Battle pages from this issue sold around 13-15k back a couple years ago..

Ricky

Just checked the issue to make sure;

Sabretooth IS appearing on the cover, so doesn't the cover rate as the

actual first appearance ? Making the panel page much less "important" ?

There are valid arguments to be made either way. Hulk 180/181 was resolved because Wolverine is not on the first cover, but that's just luck of the draw (err, editor?), there are other cases like this one where it's cover and "story" and some only collect covers, others collect both, still others (famously Mike Burkey re: Romita ASM) vastly prefer interiors. Who knows?! The highest bid will get it, and I'm sure if both the cover and this page were up at the same time the cover would get the higher close. But how much of that is cover, and how much of that Sabretooth??

There are different tiers of first appearance OA and obviously not all of them exist for every character.

The Wolverine page is really the perfect storm scenario for a panel page. It's the character's only page in his true first appearance and there is no cover preceeding it.

IMO, this page would sell higher if Sabretooth weren't on the cover, but it gets a bump for being the first page he shows up on in-story.