• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Predator directed by Shane Black (3/2/18)

157 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, paperheart said:

34% and w/ it purportedly heading to a $25MM opening weekend (3rd worst for movie opening on >4000 screens), this will be gone from theaters quickly.

Wow! I can't believe they screwed this up. I was looking forward to it, now a RED BOX rental. 

:sick:

On 9/14/2018 at 8:25 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wow! I can't believe they screwed this up. I was looking forward to it, now a RED BOX rental. 

:sick:

It’s no good ?. I loved the old predator movies , I will catch this one on reruns some day ‼️?

20 minutes ago, nearmint said:
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

But there's nothing to see other than Predator this weekend(shrug).

I wouldn't say that.  A Simple Favor was really good. 

I agree, unless you're reaaalllyyy in an action mood, you should probably watch a Simple Favor over Predator.  It also has more comedy than you'd think, and its a better movie, with more twists (somewhat contrived, but they don't take themselves too seriously so its mostly ok).  Of course Blake Lively is a HORRIBLE actress (The Town, Green Lantern), but she's mostly right for this part.

Although neither are great movies really, your time is probably better spent watching Black Klansmen or catching up on Billions (unless you still have movie pass or that AMC 3x per week thing, then watch them all!).  .

41 minutes ago, revat said:

I agree, unless you're reaaalllyyy in an action mood, you should probably watch a Simple Favor over Predator.  It also has more comedy than you'd think, and its a better movie, with more twists (somewhat contrived, but they don't take themselves too seriously so its mostly ok).  Of course Blake Lively is a HORRIBLE actress (The Town, Green Lantern), but she's mostly right for this part.

Although neither are great movies really, your time is probably better spent watching Black Klansmen or catching up on Billions (unless you still have movie pass or that AMC 3x per week thing, then watch them all!).  .

It's Anna Kendrick's movie.

16 hours ago, nearmint said:

$10 per ticket.  I need to bring a date because I can't see this movie by myself (I know it sounds caveman-ish but this isn't a movie a guy can see by himselflol).  Add on 2 Icee drinks, a large popcorn, and a box of M&M's.  Now I'm looking at $50 to see a Simple Favor.

So unless A Simple Favor is as good as Bridesmaids it's not worth $50 (even though I love Blake Lively:x).

14 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

$10 per ticket.  I need to bring a date because I can't see this movie by myself (I know it sounds caveman-ish but this isn't a movie a guy can see by himselflol).  Add on 2 Icee drinks, a large popcorn, and a box of M&M's.  Now I'm looking at $50 to see a Simple Favor.

So unless A Simple Favor is as good as Bridesmaids it's not worth $50 (even though I love Blake Lively:x).

I went alone.  Used MoviePass for my ticket.  Spent $14 at concession. Had a great time. 

1 hour ago, I like pie said:
18 hours ago, revat said:

Of course Blake Lively is a HORRIBLE actress

Did you see The Age of Adaline(stellar movie) and The Shallows? I thought she was very good in both(shrug)

Shallows was actually ok, you're right.  Didn't see the other one.  It looked too slow, and I wasn't about spend 2hrs watching her try to be dramatic with someone.  Now that I think about it more, I think she has a tough time getting the chemistry right with co-stars, so maybe Adaline isn't for me.  In Shallows that wasn't much of a problem.  I thought the chemistry was pretty good with Anna Kendrick in Simple Favor, but I also think Kendrick is a much better actress than Lively, which was all too clear from this movie.  She looks good being rich and cocky and mean, but anything beyond that... I'm not a fan of, it's tough to believe anything more complex for her.  Other than Shallows, which one could argue was a tougher job because of the conditions, but it also might be easier for some actors because the conditions force you to be more 'in it'.

But Simple Favor is solid.  Its not perfect.  But just lean into it and it'll be fun.

Edited by revat

On 9/14/2018 at 8:34 PM, Oddball said:

Even if its bad, I don't care about dropping ten bucks on some dumb fun.

Rebooted Predator certainly is dumb. Jilted dialogue, tips of the hat to President of USA, Olivia Munn as a biologist who for some reason is an Action Hero that can handle a laser rifle well. Spend your $10 on 'Crazy Rich Asians' for some international laughs, as the theater will be more crowded than at The Predator. :p

18 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Rebooted Predator certainly is dumb. Jilted dialogue, tips of the hat to President of USA, Olivia Munn as a biologist who for some reason is an Action Hero that can handle a laser rifle well. Spend your $10 on 'Crazy Rich Asians' for some international laughs, as the theater will be more crowded than at The Predator. :p

it amuses me that right after seeing this Predator movie the first post I follow is by someone named Aardvark! ( inside joke to those who have seen the film )

Dumb movie. 3.5 out of 10

On 9/17/2018 at 5:05 PM, nearmint said:
On 9/13/2018 at 1:24 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

But there's nothing to see other than Predator this weekend(shrug).

I saw "Searching" over the weekend and loved it.  Truly original film in that the entire film follows the user interfaces of computers that John Cho uses to search for his missing daughter.