• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Winter Auction

146 posts in this topic

Wanted to make a run at that one...

At that number you're better off making a run away from that one.

There are so many more memorable pages from those early story parts that would be worth throwing serious coin at.

Agreed. However, I believe this could be the piece that marks the turning point in value perception of 'trashy' early-90s OA.

I think that happened when Liefield New Mutants/X-Force pages started hitting 4 figures regularly.

The Liefeld leap was a doubling of the previous baseline. The jump for this Supes #74 page is of a different magnitude entirely.

I'm interested to see if this quantum leap in valuation extends to other prominent early-90s story arcs/artists going forward. There's been consistent price growth in this sector of the OA market recently... and an explosion would dovetail perfectly with the fabled "Rule of 25" hm

Where are all the Paul Smith Dr. Strange pages? I swear, I've seen more Simonson Thor pages on the market than Smith Strange pages.

lets get some death in the family pages in the mix :banana::banana:

Here's what I'd love to see consigned for a future auction for an opportunity to by, which I've not seen much of in the marketplace for sale:

Keith Giffen - Legion of Superheroes #285-300+ (incl. The Great Darkness Saga)

Keith Giffen - Flash #306-313 - Doctor Fate

Marshall Rogers - Detective Comics 471-476 w/ Steve Englehart and Terry Austin

Paul Smith - Doctor Strange

John Romita Jr / Bob Layton - Iron Man

Wish granted, im about to submit a PS dr Strange page to CL for their Spring Featured.

Wanted to make a run at that one...

At that number you're better off making a run away from that one.

There are so many more memorable pages from those early story parts that would be worth throwing serious coin at.

Agreed. However, I believe this could be the piece that marks the turning point in value perception of 'trashy' early-90s OA.

I think that happened when Liefield New Mutants/X-Force pages started hitting 4 figures regularly.

The Liefeld leap was a doubling of the previous baseline. The jump for this Supes #74 page is of a different magnitude entirely.

I'm interested to see if this quantum leap in valuation extends to other prominent early-90s story arcs/artists going forward. There's been consistent price growth in this sector of the OA market recently... and an explosion would dovetail perfectly with the fabled "Rule of 25" hm

You are referring to the entire group of Liefield pages vs one particular Superman Doomsday page. This particular page must pull at the heartstrings of at least two bidders/shillers. Now you may still be right. It could signal the rise in price of all Superman Doomsday pages but it could also just be an isolated case because some people really really want this exact page. If it was the first page with Deadpool at the same price range we could say the same thing.

I thought the Brunner Fear #16 cover would fly under the radar, but doesn't seem like it at $19.3K

That cover of GORGEOUS!!

This is a prime example of a piece being far superior in OA than it looks in published form.

The published colors hid all the wonderful ink wash tones. It's a stellar piece in this form.

$31,568

Iron Man #1 splash

Love that piece.

Would have been shocked if it was under $30k.

Another piece that I think will be considered a steal in the near future.